The Nightmare Before Christmas (Christmas Special)

(d/s) stands for "disliked smasher" or "least favorite"

3rd person POV

It's a wonderful winter snow day in December at Smash Mansion. Christmas was just a few days away and everyone was preparing for a party, all wearing something that'll represent the upcoming holiday. The Christmas tree is being put up, some Smashers decorating rooms and hallways, treats and different foods being made, presents being prepared, and classic holiday songs were being rehearsed. Even one of the songs being rehearsed was The Twelve Days of Christmas, Smash Bros. version.

Pretty much everyone was excited

Pretty much everyone was excited. All but one. And that Smasher, was (d/s). When it comes to Christmas, he/she is considered "The Holiday Grinch". Barely any smiles and no real laughter during the month. He/She just pretends to be positive and happy, but really, he's/she's not. No one really knows why (d/s) is like that. Some Smashers ask why (d/s) is like that every year, but (d/s) says it's no big deal. It is a big deal to some fighters though, and they show concern too.

Like Pit for example. He's positive and likes to see everyone happy on the holidays. Whenever he sees someone sad or upset, he'd try to cheer them up. He'd even try to cheer up Pittoo as well! Even though Pittoo pushes Pit away all the time...

And so this year, like every year, (d/s) went into his/her room wanting to be left alone. He/She doesn't really do any Christmas activities including baking, decorating, singing and preparing presents. Although this time, (d/s) had a different thought in mind. But it wasn't a good one though... So once (d/s) was finished thoroughly thinking of it, he/she put the plan into action.

Time Skip

"Alright everyone that's enough for today. You all did great. I'm surprised all the decorations could be put up in one day. Ok everyone good night.", praised Master Hand.

The Hand brothers and the Smashers all went to their rooms and got ready for bed. Shortly after falling asleep though, something horrible started to happen to almost all the Smashers.

In The Dream

"Woah! What the-?!", questioned a few Smashers.

All the Smashers were trapped in individual cages that were floating in darkness, all spread out. Including all the duos and groups, in their own personal mini prison.

Rosalina was separated from her Luma, Nana and Popo were apart (the Ice Climbers), the Duck Hunt duo were no longer together, etc. Not only were the groups and duos separated, but they were also far apart from each other as well.

All the tools and weapons were confiscated from all the Smashers. No one had any way to attack or anything to defend themselves with. No swords, no guns, no tomes, no armor, nothing!

Everyone was looking around, all in cages, separated and far apart. Everyone stripped of their belongings, in an unknown area surrounded by pitch black darkness. Many were confused, few were crying, and all are scared. Then they all heard a loud, booming voice.

"Ha ha ha ha ha! You all think you're so tough, with all the fighting and battles you've done in your games and in the mansion. None of you have anything better to do than just fight all day. That's completely ridiculous!"

Nobody knew where this voice was coming from. It sounded like a male... The Smashers looked around for the source of the voice but saw no one other than each other.

All of a sudden, a mysterious being appeared. All the Smashers turned to see a lone, cloaked and hooded figure with gloves on, afloat in the darkness. Nobody knew if the figure was a human friend or foe though. Everyone thought that it was a person, based on the shape, but they could be wrong. Then, it spoke again and started to slowly walk around. But this time, it was in a female's voice...

"It's such a pity that NONE of you have any hobbies or occupations other than fighting. Fights and battles are so violent and painful, I'm surprised that all of you are willing to get hurt just for fun!", the "person" sarcastically said with a fake tone of concern.

"Hey! These battles ARE fun and AREN'T about getting hurt! These different battles are competitions!", exclaimed an offended Ness.

"Yeah! What Ness said! You don't know cuz you've never had one you creep!", agreed Peach.

Everyone else also agreed and argued with the figure, having furious looks on their face and an angry tone of voice.

"Enough! Silence all of you! You call yourselves fighters?! Pathetic! None of you have any armor or weapons. You're all just a bunch of overgrown children throwing tantrums!", "he" roared.

The Smashers flinched and recoiled for a second before they resumed with their yelling. The cloaked figure wanted them all to stop but the Smashers ignored him.

"ENOUGH!!!", "she" exploded with rage. Not only did she speak, but at the same time she spread "her" arms and legs apart, sending a dark purple wave at the caged fighters.

But just before the wave hit them, everyone woke up with a jolt.

To be continued