🔹16 - Broken Promise🔹

"Ready, Duri?" The light elemental asked, as his hands were ready to push his friend from his back for him to swing.

"Yeah!" The leaf element replied in excitement, holding onto the chains on both sides.

Solar grinned, lightly and carefully pushing Duri to swing.

"Woohoo!" Duri exclaimed as he swung back and forth, with both of his feet swinging at the same time while gripping tightly on the chains as if his life depends on it. "Come on, Solar! Swing with me!" He cheerfully said, giggling softly afterwards.

The light elemental alchemist heaved a sigh and shook his head, smiling warmly at his best friend. "Alright, alright. I'm coming." He stated, walking towards the other swing beside Duri and sat on it.

"Hey, Solar?" Duri called, making the light elemental glanced at him. He carefully slowed himself from swinging until he stopped then turned towards the light element. "Would you swear? That you wouldn't get into trouble just for this day?" He asked, looking at Solar gloomily.

The famed alchemist furrowed his eyebrows and curved a small smile. "Of course. I swear, Duri. Anything for my best buddy." He replied, sincerely.

"Even when Halilintar's around?"

Seemingly, Solar was a bit surprised at first after hearing his rival's name again but he managed not to show that he was hesitating as he doesn't want to break what he had promise to his one and only best friend. Sighing deeply, Solar forced a smile as he calmly responded to his friend. "Yeah. Even when he's around, I swear I won't do anything to make this day a troublesome."

Duri grinned widely at his response. "I knew I can trust you! I'm so lucky to have a best friend like you!" He beamed, his smile flashing brightly than the sun from the solar system. "Don't break that promise, okay?" He added, as he started swinging again.

"I won't..." Solar answered, his gaze then went down to his feet on the ground with a slight frown plastered on his face. "I hope..." He muttered, grasping onto the chains of the swing tightly.

"Let's swing together, Solar!" Duri joyfully said, swinging back and forth from his swing.

The light elemental chuckled softly, holding onto the chains firmly as he prepared to swing by himself. "I will, don't worry!" He replied, his feet then pushed down on the ground in order for his body to pull up upright.

But before he could even start to swing, a red flash came out of nowhere appeared infront of the light element, making the latter startled and almost lost his balance from the swing. Few dusts scattered around from Solar's view, unable for him to see who made the mess or what just happened. Not for long, the dusts slowly disappeared and a person emerged infront of him.

And that person, is that boy whom he dislikes so much and fights for almost everyday at school. That person whom he doesn't want and shouldn't see today. That person, is none other than his despicable rival, Halilintar.

Solar gritted his teeth tightly, his hands clutching on the chains firmly while glaring at his rival. "What do you want?" He asked, angrily.

"What do I want?" The lightning elemental scoffed. "For you to leave out of my sight." He spat, glaring back at his long-time rival.

"Oh sorry, no can do, Sherlock." Solar rumbled, pushing himself up as he intensely glared at his rival.

"Tch. Do you want trouble, Mr. Glowing Nerd-face?" Halilintar scowled, his fists clenching sternly.

The light element snapped. "Now, you're really getting into my nerves!"

As the nature element saw all the commotion happening, he then stopped himself from swinging and watched as the two competitors argued with one another. He looked at them with a sad frown as he slowly backed away from the scene. "You promised, Solar..." He mumbled to himself, his eyes then started to welled up with tears while shaking his head.

Out of nowhere, he felt a hand on his shoulder, making him turn to look at the person behind it. "Taufan?" Duri asked, wiping away a single drop of tear that escaped from his eyes. The said person smiled genuinely.

"Don't worry, Duri. I'm upset too." He stated, forcing a warm smile on his lips but frowned when he turned to look at the two popular rivals fighting at each other. "They just won't move on, will they?" He chuckled bitterly,

"I FREAKING HATE YOU!" Solar argued.

"I HATE YOU MORE!--" Halilintar argued back.

"I HATE YOU MOST!--"

"I HATE YOU AS BIG AS THE GALAXY!--"

"I HATE YOU AS BIG AS THE UNIVERSE!--"

"I HATE YOU FOREVER!--"

"I HATE YOU UNTIL THE VERY END OF OUR LIVES!--"

After for what seemed like forever of complaints, a sword suddenly appeared from the hands of the light element. "YOU ARE SO DONE FOR!" He shouted, then charged an attack towards the lightning element.

"YOU'RE THE ONE TO TALK!" Halilintar barked, summoning his twin-bladed swords as he rushed towards his rival and prepared to clash.

The two famous rivals then had a sparring match, with an equal and balanced fight between the both of them. Unfortunately for the duo, they didn't even noticed they were in the park, surrounded by several innocent children who only wanted to play for fun. The children then screamed in fear and horror after seeing the two fought aggressively and ran away fastly from the scene for how far their little legs can take them.

Fortunately, Taufan and Duri became alarmed and aware of it and in not time, they saved and rescued the few children who were too close from the fighting scene between the legendary duos. The two of them tried calming down the innocent little kids who were frightened, crying and terrified with the scene. Thankfully, the two successfully handled the children with gentle and soothe.

Taufan looked back at the sparring scene between the two rivals and soon after, he glared at them and snapped. "ENOUGH YOU GUYS!" He exclaimed, finally getting the attention of the duos and immediately stopped sparring with each other.

Halilintar and Solar then glanced around them, shocked to see terrified children looking at them in fear and the destruction they had made. Embarrassed with what they've done, they lowered their heads with full of shame.

"ARE YOU GUYS DONE NOW!? FOR GOODNESS SAKE, EVEN OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL, YOU TWO ARE STILL FIGHTING!? WHEN WILL YOU TWO LIVE YOUR LIVES NORMALLY FOR ONCE!? IT'S LIKE ALMOST EVERYDAY, YOU TWO JUST WON'T SHUT YOUR BABBLING MOUTHS! AREN'T YOU TWO EVEN TIRED OF CAUSING TROUBLE EVERYTIME!?" Taufan barked, glaring at the both of them. Duri only winced at the complaints made by the wind element.

The wind elemental then glanced at his friend, shaking his head in disappointment as he looked at him gloomily. "From now on, you're on your own." He stated, tears started forming from his eyes and walked away. Halilintar became speechless, and watched as his only friend he has, left.

Solar slowly looked at his friend, only to see him tearing up from his spot. He felt guilty, and ashamed at the same time. He wanted to make it up to him, but he knew all too well that it's too late right now.

"I thought you were my best friend..." Duri said, shaking his head in disbelief and went to follow Taufan afterwards.

The famed duo then stayed silent, watching as their friends walked away, leaving them behind. They had never felt so culpable, those few words their friends just said pierced painfully right through their hearts. It hurt them, but they knew they deserved it.

Just after the fight they've done, they finally thought to themselves...

'What have I done...?'