The rich are never satisfied

The rich are never satisfied .

Emma's pov

"Where are you off to?" Lola asked standing by the mirror dressing her hair.

"Work stuff you know" I told her bluntly, she wouldn't like the idea of me going to give the new shareholder a piece of my mind, so I didn't want to bore her with the details.

I had earlier told Lola about what happened at my work place and she didn't take it well. She almost called James to give him a piece of her mind but I stopped her since it wouldn't change anything and it would ruin my plan of meeting up with the shareholder.

I kinda borrowed/stole Harry's phone and stole the shareholder contact address. The guy is filthy rich I mean the CEO of  Williams technology,  he also own several small companies and hotels. But why would he want to buy my shares in Everything Glow? "The rich are never satisfied" they say.

"You have no job Em, and you don't have an interview today, care to enlighten me on the work stuff?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

I sat on the bed to fix my black hills and averted my gaze to her to read her expression which clearly read confusion.

"I'll tell you when it's successful" I told her with hope clearly written in my voice.

"You know, you started having secrets the second you started dating Zach"

"Jeez Lola you sound like a jealous boyfriend" I smiled playfully hugging her from behind. After serval seconds of realizing she was serious I added "This is different I promise" I told her sincerely, I appreciate her effort to support me and would in no way take advantage of it.

"I spoke to James about your job" Lola said as we both went out to her car.

"I told you not to" I whined earning nothing but a shrug in return "What did he say" I asked hopefully, James, Harry, Lola and I have been best of friends since we were in high school and when James brought the idea of building a company together Lola opted out and right now I wish I did the same.

"Couldn't come up with any valid reason just said he was sorry" As soon as we entered the car Lola drove off.

"He's a pussy" I said with a small smile.

"A pussy you once had a crush on" Lola shot back with a victory smile.

"Let it go babe, we were freshmen, he was cute and....."

"You wished you gave him a blowjob" Lola cut in laughing.

"I was drunk when I told you that" I defended. I regretted ever saying that to Lola since she always seems to use it against me every now and then.

"A drunk man is an honest man. Too bad you only got to taste Zach's little straw" She wiggled her eyebrows at me, smiling weirdly.

"It's bigger than a little straw" I defended.

"Finally you admit it's small"
Her laughter was loud enough to burst my ear drum, and I joined her after a failed attempt to subdue mine.

"It was really little" I admitted still laughing.

"I'll get down here, don't wanna slack you off your ten minutes before work sex with Tyler" I said in a sing song.

"The fact that Tyler and I work in same place doesn't mean we have sex before work" she defended but I didn't fail to notice the blush on her cheek. "Okay maybe sometimes" She admitted using her hair to cover her face embarrassed.

"I knew it"

"Quit prying into my sexlife and get one of your own" She  said as she urged me to get out of her car.

"See You later, love you" I kissed her cheek and came down from her car.

"I love me too" I heard her say as she drove off.

It took me not up to a minute to notice Williams technology since it was standing exceptionally tall among all other firms, I prepared my mind and walked in ready for what ever awaits me .

***

Tobi's Pov

"Am so sorry sir, I tried to stop her but she insisted on seeing you right now" My office secretary Macy barged in with a lady I immediately recognized as the club hoe.

She was dressed in a very businesslike manner and had the same look she had when we bumped into each other  'Anger' . The dark circles around her eyes confirmed that she didn't sleep well last night and I wondered if it was because she was busy with the man she danced with all through the night.

"It's okay you can leave us now" I told her and she left in a hurry wondering if I was going to fire her.

I closed my laptop and looked up to the lady standing right in front of me, she immediately sat opposite me without waiting for an invitation.

" How may I help you?" I asked her irritated by her manners.

"Hello to you too, Sir" she replied sarcastically " I am Emma Heather". She added.

"And am assuming you know me already" I said in a haste ready to leave for my lunch date.

"Fine let's hit the nail on the head, am here to tell you to return back my shares" She said and for a second i thought she mistook me for someone else until my mind traveled back to Everything Glow.

"Oh pumpkin you were going to loose your job either ways" I told her in a pitiful voice, even though what I felt for her was far than that.

"Why aren't rich people ever satisfied? you have everything you want, why a small company like ours?" She asked almost in tears.

And I almost felt pity for her but threw it out the window the minute I remembered her at the club.

"Listen here woman"

"It's Emma" she cut in.

"Whatever,  I am sure Mr James already gave you your pay of 1million dollars" Her mouth opened in surprise.

"James gave me 10thousand dollars" she said in a quiet shaky voice. I knew that guy wasn't to be trusted.

"Am off to a meeting now, whatever problem you have it's surely with you and James, I have done my part."

She cut me off with a weird smile and dangled my keys in front of me "Rich  people always run off at every slight opportunity" She placed the key inside her purse still wearing her smile "Let's talk Mr Williams"

That was it, every attraction I felt for her flew of through the window the minutes she decided to make my life a living hell.