~Four~

~Jade~

'I know you're my friend but seriously, Jade, you're crazy. Like seriously? You could have just ignored them.'

I inwardly cringed at what Hana said. Yeah. I could have just ignored them. Yeah, I wanted to ignore them but seeing Uthman not reciprocating Michelle's feelings even after what she did to me because of him gave me joy. Not that I particularly care whether they date or not but for now, let me just bask in this joy.

'Yeah, I wanted to ignore them but Hana, you should have seen her face and the way she was acting'

I shrugged at a remembrance.

'She's crazy, Hana. it was funny. Feelings reduce you to fickle things like that.'

It was after school hours and we were both walking to the school's garage.

'She's not worth your time, Jade. Just ignore both of them. She's not even that old and she's snitching on people to please a guy.'

'It's not even about that. Like, you should have just heard their conversation. She was acting like.....' I paused, not knowing the right words to describe her 'Well, I don't know' I shrugged

'Just ignore her Jade, She's not worth your time at all.'

My best friend said and linked her hands with mine, smiling sheepishly at me. The late afternoon sun glowed on her skin. Making her caramel brown skin glow brighter. Damn. My best friend is pretty. She's so pretty that I don't think I deserve her. I smiled back at her.

'So guess what?'

I smiled at her. I could tell she has good news for me.

'What's it?

She smiled again, her smile wider than before.

'I got in. I've been selected for the next elite model competition. '

'Wow, that's great Hana. That's freaking awesome

Now, I was shrieking and jumping up and down like a teenager which I detest but this is for my best friend and I can do absolutely everything for this girl.

'Yeah, right'  She replied and hugged me. 'I can't even start to describe how I felt when I heard.'

'Yeah, so why didn't you tell me since morning?'

'Well, I was going to tell you over lunch but the whole ECOWAS stuff, I just wanted to give you little space.'

'Come on, Hana. You should have told me. It doesn't matter.'

'So what's our queen and her Bae going on about, shrieking like teenagers that you are.'

A voice said behind us. We both turned to look at the person. Sure, it was Akin, the only person who has the right to talk to me like that after Hana. '

'Boo, finally. We thought you were finally going to ditch school for whatever.'

Hana said as he got to us, hugging him. I did the same.

'Akin, you could have told us you were going to resume late.'

'Jade, you have to learn how to use nicer words for your friends. You've not seen me in how many months and what I get is this? I was expecting a very dramatic reunion.'

I rolled my eyes at him but I hugged him again anyways savoring the moments of hugging a friend I've not seen in months. I pulled back.

'Now, that's more like it'

He grinned at me before turning to Hana.

'Our Prettiest.'

Hana pouted in her cute way.