x. a kind of wonder

TEN.
a kind of wonder!
。・:*:・゚ 。・:*:・゚

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The Razor Crest approaches Sorgan, a green and blue and white planet that looks pretty, even from out in the galaxy. Zoya leans a hip against the pilot's chair, left hand going absentmindedly to the bandages on her right shoulder. The Mandalorian feels her approach but doesn't turn around, keeping his eyes on the planet ahead.

            "Is that it?" she asks.

            He nods.

            "Don't strain yourself," Zoya says sarcastically, reaching down to pick up the child and prop him against her hip. Mando rolls his eyes, thankful she can't see him. She lifts the creature above her head, and he looks down at her with a wide smile, eyes twinkling. "You're flyin'!" she exclaims, spinning around in a circle.

            The child makes a sound that sounds like a giggle, and the corners of the Mandalorian's mouth curve up beneath his helmet; the colors in the cockpit seem to brighten as Zoya laughs along with the creature. Realizing what he's doing, he bites his lip, hard. "We're about to go into atmospheric entry," he says, wiping the soft smile from his face. All Zoya does is continue to talk in a baby voice to the child, rocking him from side to side. The bounty hunter clears his throat. "You might want to sit down, or something. I don't want you to drop him."

            "I'm not gonna fucking drop him." Zoya rolls her eyes but moves back to her seat anyway. "You worry way too much."

            "I don't worry."

            She scoffs. "Right."

            Mando pushes the ship towards the planet. "I don't," he mutters as the Razor Crest begins to enter Sorgan. Behind him, Zoya touches the child's nose and mumbles something to it about how soft the bounty hunter actually is, but preoccupied with entry and landing, Mando doesn't catch her comment.

            The ship soars over thousands of dark green pines that blend into one continuous spiral of color beneath them. Zoya stands up and moves to the window with the child, mouth dropping open. "Oh my god," she whispers. "There's so many trees."

            Mando glances up at her. "You haven't seen a forest?"

            She shakes her head, clutching the child closer. His little fingers touch the bandage on her wounded arm, and she shifts him away carefully. "No, I haven't. I thought Arvala-7 was pretty, but this . . . this is amazing."