✨Chapter 9: The Benefits of Friends

"Five more minutes" Ryan said excitedly as he sat next to his sister, who if he was being honest didn't look half as excited as everyone else in the room

"Five more minutes" Ryan said excitedly as he sat next to his sister, who if he was being honest didn't look half as excited as everyone else in the room. Even though the video she starred in was about to be aired on national television - her expression was more worried than thrilled.

"You good K, you looking a little pale?" Ryan said out loud.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little nervous" Kadence replied, plastering a fake smile on her face - hoping it would get her brother off her case before everyone else began to question her.

"No need to be nervous baby sis I'm sure the video is fire, especially with the way Sire the Don and his team have been promoting it," Ryan said trying to reassure his little sister that everything would be okay.

Little did he know Kadence wasn't worried about the video or how well it would do because she had faith in both her and Sabian's ability to deliver; She was solely worried about her family's reaction to the video and how steamy it actually was.

"I can't believe my best friend is about to be on B.E.T" Deja exclaimed.

"I know right, somebody pinch me." Cameron mocked Deja.

"Callate gilipollas." Deja playfully rolled her eyes.

"Here she goes breaking her Spanish out on us," Cameron said smacking his forehead playfully.

Deja had been around their family so long that it was normal for her to argue with Kadence's brothers just as it was normal for them to pick on her.

"No es mi culpa no puedes hablar español" Deja teased him.

"It's always the half breeds" Cameron said referring to the fact the Deja was half black half Puerto Rican.

"No puedo discutir contigo si no entiendes bebè."

"See she never fights fair, Jesùs come be my translator." Cameron said to Deja's brother earning laughs from everyone Kadence included.

As Cameron and Deja continued to go back and forth Kadence looked around at the living room full of people and sighed. Everyone who was anyone to Kadence was at her parents house waiting for her big video reveal - including her siblings, their children, as well as  Deja and her family.

While Kadence was very proud of this huge milestone in her life, she wasn't sure everyone would share those same sentiments; And she didn't want her hard work overshadowed by everyone else's opinions, especially the negative ones.

"Aye sis let me get that autograph now." Kortez joked.

"Shut up it's starting." Deja semi yelled as a montage of fake dates they filmed took over the screen.

Kadence was sure that anybody watching the video would be convinced that the two were really in love with the way they interacted with one another on screen.