Second Double Dates Are No Better Than the First (Part 1)

*Hazel's Pov*

I flopped on my bed next to Honey while she flipped through an old magazine that my mom owned in the late 80s.

"The fashion from that era was just so eccentric! I'm glad people are bringing back some of the old trends from those times." Honey gazed dreamily at a page showcasing what was popular.

Meanwhile, Julia and Anikah were on my beanbag in the corner giggling at my baby photo album, and Ivy and Violet were trying to pick an outfit for my double date. "Heaven is a Place on Earth" by Belinda Carlisle was playing on Violet's speaker as we all did our thing.

"She should wear something cute and adorable. You know, it really is her style and it just fits her." Violet stated as she pulled out some overall shorts and a pink boxy crop top.

Ivy narrowed her eyes and nodded. "For once I actually agree with you. If she wants to impress and win back Asher-"

I lifted myself onto my elbows and cocked my eyebrow. "I'm not trying to impress Asher and he was never mine."

Ivy ignored me. "Then she has to be herself because that's what he seems to like. Which is good for you Hazel." She said turning to me. "You need to find a guy who likes you for who you are."

I flopped back on the bed. "I'm sure Caleb likes me for me."

Everyone stayed quiet and I knew what they were thinking.

"Anyways..." Ivy said turning back to Violet in the closet. "I agree with you, but I think she can do better than that. At least for a date." She turned back at me. "Where are you guys going?"

"We're going ice skating and then to Sally's. Pretty average date." I didn't know when Sally's became the go-to place, but at some point it did. Or maybe it always was.

Ivy grinned. "Okay, okay. So you can go for something wintery and cute. Or maybe, it doesn't even have to be that wintery, it just has to keep you warm."

I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

She worked like a ninja, pulling out clothes and matching them. She pulled out my multi-colored long sleeved turtle neck, cuffed mom jeans, raggedy converse, and oversized pink fluffy coat. She placed the items next to me on the bed and looked over then. She smiled. "Perfect."

~~~~~~~

I walked out of the bathroom with the outfit Ivy had chosen. I smiled brightly. "Wow, I actually really like this! Thanks, Ivy!" I skipped to her and gave her a squeeze.

"No problem, Babe." She winked at me.

"That's the gayest thing I've ever seen and heard." Anikah piped in from the bean bag.

"As if you haven't seen me." Julia said before tackling Anikah with hugs.

"They're referring to what you just did, right? Not the outfit?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yep. But hey, I'm generally just like that. Anyways, what do you guys think of Hazel's outfit." Ivy asked, turning to the rest of our friends.

"It looks reallyyyyy cute, Hazel! You should totally go with it." Honey said without looking up from her phone. She was texting someone.

I narrowed my eyes and walked to her. "Who are you texting?" I asked as I appeared behind her. She jumped a bit.

"Wait. You're texting Connor! Oh my god! You guys are on the texting phase now? That's so cute!" I started jumping up and down in excitement.

She pulled her phone to her chest. "Hey, this is about you and Asher. Not me and Connor."

I sighed in exasperation. "It's Caleb!"