seven

{mission commencement}

Placing a hand against the large front gate of the mansion, Jungkook pushed it open, the metal slightly screeching as he did so. Sliding his hands into the pockets of his black oversized hoodie, Jungkook strolled in through the entrance garden, relaxing to the sounds of the rippling water of the fountain in the centre. 

He had always found the night to be a comforting presence. Especially now since he was just out of the city whose bright lights were still visible on the horizon, more stars now visible from Bangtan's mansion. 

He made his way down the stone path, eyes trailing up to see that despite it being so late that the lights of the mansion had come to life, a warm glow in the darkness of the night. Well... Jungkook wasn't quite sure whether or not to refer to it as night, more so just absurdly early in the morning. It had been one week since his meeting with the group, and this was the first time he had been called in by the boss. 

With the crisp air blowing against his face, Jungkook began to feel all the more awake, especially due to the early morning chirps of the birds awaking in the surrounding bushland that hid the mansion away. 

Face shrivelling up, Jungkook let out a scoff, "What the fuck are birds so excited about at 5 am?" he muttered under his breath, finally reaching the front porch of the mansion and stepping up to the front door. 

Raising a fist, Jungkook gave a small knock against the wooden door, stepping back and slipping his hand back into his pocket as he awaited one of the members. After a week of knowing them, Jungkook still hadn't received his own key to the mansion, Namjoon claiming that some of the members were still wary about his connections to the Jeons. Honestly, Jungkook couldn't blame them, the Jeons were a horrid group to mess with... Bangtan was obviously just keeping their guard up as they should. 

At the sound of the door handle beginning to twist, Jungkook snapped out of his trance, watching as a dishevelled raven haired male swung open the door. "Oh shit, Jungkook hey-"

Jungkook found himself biting down on the inside of his cheek to suppress any laughter from escaping. 

Standing in front of him was a messy haired Hoseok, the male wearing a button up shirt that was only halfway done, long, slender fingers working feverishly at the buttons as he gave a rushed greeting. "Sorry- just give us a minute to get ready." he explained, voice still husky with sleep as he moved out of the doorway, allowing for Jungkook to trod on inside. 

As if on cue, footsteps pattered in the tiled floors and a barefoot Jimin came sliding around the corner from the bathroom. He had on dark skinny jeans and a loosely fitted white shirt, a toothbrush shoved in his mouth as white toothpaste stained his lips. His eyes were quick to grow wide at Jungkook's tidy appearance. 

Jimin was quick to lock eyes with the brunette, "How the freak is he already ready!?" Jimin called from his position, words muffled by the toothbrush in his mouth as he stumbled back into the bathroom. 

Jungkook chuckled lowly, "Years of practice." he uttered, but of course Jimin didn't hear his reply. 

He watched from the foyer of the mansion as Hoseok trot quickly back down the grand staircase, hair neatly done and shirt finally buttoned as he reached the younger male's side. He plastered a genuine smile across his face, "Sorry about that... lets quickly meet with the others."

"Where are they?"

"The kitchen." Hoseok spoke, cocking a head in the direction of the room as he began to stroll across the foyer, Jungkook following closely behind. 

As the pair rounded the corner into the professionally designed kitchen, Jungkook's eyes were quick to find their way to a familiar blue haired male. Jungkook couldn't help but snort at the sight of Kim Taehyung sitting atop the granite counter of the kitchen bench, one leg crossed over the other as he took a massive bite of a strawberry doughnut, humming in delight at the sweetness overload.