42 | A Second Chance

The story is almost coming to an end. I have one question for you guys.

Who wants a second book? If yes, for which character?

Bryce

I was restless.

Lying in bed, I couldn't get myself to go to sleep. My mind keeps wondering back to Alyssa.

She's alive.

And she sacrificed herself to save me...

Maria and I could have died if it weren't for her.

While I'm here in bed...

In my home.

She's in a hospital bed...

Far from home.

I turn in bed, facing the ceiling as I replayed the moment I saw Alyssa a day ago. She looked really beautiful. Like an angel. She was...is an angel. I was an idiot for letting her go. For being an ass.

But if I get a chance to be with her again, I will make sure not to mess up again.

Maria moves closer, cuddling me and I sigh. What am I thinking? This is ridiculous.

What about Maria?

What about our child?

I really screwed up...

Slowly, I got out of bed and changed into new clothes. I am going to visit Alyssa at the hospital. I might get killed by her brother. But I just have to see her.

Maybe it will lessen my guilt or something.

       ***

I arrive at the hospital at 11:45. I got on the elevator, going to the 4th floor. When the elevator doors opened, I nearly fainted.

There stood Nico with the most intimidating look ever.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He growls as I stepped out.

"I'm here to see Alyssa." I answered honestly.

"No."

"I wasn't asking," I try to walk pass him but he just pushes me back against the elevator doors. I groan in pain, glaring at him.

He cracks his knuckles, "what? You want to fight?"

I stand up straight, saying, "I just want to see how she is doing. "

"Alyssa is doing fine. Now get the hell out of here before you get hurt," He said slowly, eyes never leaving mine. He was dead serious and I understand. I really wanted to see Alyssa but I guess tonight is not the right time. I'll have to see her when her brother is not around.

The other elevator doors open and 3 guys stepped out.

"Guard the door. Make sure no one gets in without my permission. " Nico orders them. "I have to get rid of this shit."

      ***

     The next morning, I woke up and found Maria still asleep. I kiss her on the head before getting out of bed. I will be visiting Alyssa today. Hopefully Nico won't be around when I go there. Last night, he literally kicked me out of the hospital and my chest really hurts so much.

After taking a bath, I got dressed and Maria woke up with a tired smile.

"Morning, babe." She smiles.

"Morning, my love." I greet back.

"Got work today? I was thinking maybe today we could go shopping or something since in a few weeks, I'll be giving birth." She tells me, sitting up.