Jon Snow X Greyjoy!Reader - Out Of The Woods

A/N - This imagine was inspired by the song 'Out of the Woods' by Taylor Swift. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had been certain you had loved Jon from your very first kiss. He was sweet, and shy, and one of the most beautiful people you had ever had the pleasure of spending time with. And of course, that shyness had slowed down the romance. He had never been good at expressing his feelings, and as he had stuttered over his words in an attempt to tell you how he felt about you, you had pulled him down to your height, your hands on either side of his face as you kissed him. For a moment, he had remained still, startled by the abruptness of your affections, and then he was kissing you back, and it was perfect. 

After that, everything seemed to come easily to both of you. Whether you were just sitting together, talking about your days, or sharing a bed, it all seemed right. The argument's were less easy. You hated the way he would talk to you like you were a child, and it would dissolve into yelling, both of you losing your tempers. There were a few times when your fights had ended in you walking out, promising that he'd never see you again, but you had broken the promise every time. 

Those nights, he would hold you a little tighter as you slept, praying that he would wake up with you in bed beside him, as he had every other morning since you had started your relationship. By the time you woke, you would have forgotten what the fight was about, and would burrow closer into his side, your cold hands running over his warm skin and causing him to smile. 

He truly did love you, even if it didn't always seem like it when you both throwing insults at one another in the heat of the moment. And he knew you loved him just as much. He had known it immediately the first time he had seen you crying.

Jon and Theon had been training together for what seemed like hours, back and forth, trading hits. But when you had entered the training yard, calling out a quick greeting, Jon had become distracted, and your brother had used this as his in, swiping at Jon's arm and landing a direct hit. 

The sound of pain Jon had made caught your attention, and you had marched over to both of them, giving Theon and rough shove away as you knelt beside him where he had crumbled to the ground, cradling his arm against his body. The sight of the tears brimming in his eyes had left you a little lost, and a second later, you had followed him, pulling him tightly into your chest as you held him. At the end of the day, he had only needed a couple of stitches, nothing too scary, but he would always remember how you had reacted to seeing him in pain.

When Jon had told you he was leaving to join the Night's Watch it had broken your heart. He would never be able to take a wife, or have children, and suddenly you felt useless. What good would you be to him if he could never marry you? You had lost your temper that night too, throwing things and crying, and yelling until your throat was hoarse. In the end, you had been so hurt that you had stormed away, telling him that he was free and that he would never have to worry about you again. But this time, you had kept the promise, staying away all night and staying hidden away in your chambers until he had left Winterfell for good. 

You hadn't seen him again until he had returned to Winterfell with Sansa, taking it back from the Bolton's. You had managed to keep yourself away from harm, masquerading as a serving girl to keep from the same fate as your brother, though it had almost killed you to see him treated so cruelly. 

Jon had been with you in an instant, his hand coming to cup your cheek before he pulled you into a tight hug, his arms engulfing you. You had breathed in his smell, too tired to fight, no matter how much you wanted to.

"I'm sorry," he had murmured into your hair, shifting to be as close to you as he could get. 

"I know," you had answered softly, finally bringing your arms up to hug him back. 

"I never should have left."

"I know," you repeated, shifting away slightly, and pulling him in for a sweet, gentle kiss. "Gods, I hate you," you added as you separated. 

He looked as though he was on the verge of tears, and for a moment, they began to brim in your eyes too. "I love you," he told you softly, his hand coming up to cup your cheek again, "I never stopped loving you, and if you'll let me, I'll continue to love you until the day I die."  

You nodded slightly as his thumb came up to wipe away the tears that had escaped and started making tracks down your face. "I missed you," you uttered, releasing a deep breath that you hadn't realised you had been holding.

At that, he leant forward, pressing his forehead against yours as he let out a breathy chuckle. "I missed you too, Sweetness," he murmured lightly, "missed you so damn much."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x