Chapter Sixteen

Luna is spending an unusual free time at the village instead of working at the mounts of research papers in her office because the keepers insist that Luna take a break from working. Now that they are done with the preparations to receive an emergency case, all that's left is waiting for the delivery of potions from the healers. While walking around the streets where cafes and restaurants are congregated, she heard from Amber about a new variety of dessert appears in most cafes lately and has become a popular treat amongst the children and women. Amber tells her to try it for herself.

While browsing around the cafe streets, Luna finds her brother, Luda sitting outside one of the cafes. Her brother's green hair and amber eyes carry the certainty that he holds exceptional magic as a wielder of the three elemental attributes, making him incomparable with any other mages. It's not only her brother possessing an outstanding facial trait. At first glance, her blonde hair easily makes people assume she's the same as the rest but upon a closer look, Luna's eyes are silver, marking her a wielder of another outstanding magic. Elves are the race known to wield wind and water attributes, but in Luna's case, she is gifted with light and recovery magic. Light magic is remarkably rare and to have both make her equally as an exceptional mage as her brother.

Even more astonishing is Luna and Luda are born as twins which are rare in itself for their race, not just as an older brother and little sister who are closer in age. Without taking into an account the secret of their lineage, during the time of their birth, everyone suspects that it was a sign of premonition for two babies be born as blessed children. Blessed children are specifically for those possessing immense mana since their birth, unlike the rest who has to wait until their mana begins to take form when they grow.

Luna walks over to her brother and realises he's not alone. Roy is with him.

"Brother. Roy."

Luna simply greets them.

"Luna."

Luda voices his surprise in seeing his sister being outside of the sanctuary during the day and finally asks, "What brings you here?"

Luna replies with a sad face. "Amber pushes me out of my office."

Roy chuckles.

"Come sit with us."

Luda invites her to sit with them.

"Luna, I haven't seen you around the house at all. Don't tell me you moved out and now lives in your office?"

By house, Roy means Luna and Luda's house and Roy always stays at the guest room whenever he returns to the village.

"The sanctuary has living quarters for the keepers."

"That doesn't answer my question."

Luna shrugs her shoulders and a waiter comes over with a menu.