Taking Notes

"Dib."

     "Keef, finally."

     "Hey, Dib. You had a couple of questions for me?"

     "I do. About Zim. Spare me a minute?"

     "Sure. I just finished making some stone statuettes of Zim."

     "Why do you... uh, nevermind."

     "It's complicated. Alright, so what do you need, Dib?"

     "Zim said that your race and Zim's race are similar."

     "We are."

     "Then could you tell me why he would panic about being in love?"

     "Sure. It's quite simple. Being an irken, he was created in a lab and raised to be a warrior for his leaders. The thing with the irkens is that love is an emotion only to be felt towards their leaders. They were made as such. The gas around their home kept it that way. So being here, he is exposed to new things and new experiences but as a colony aspect,  he still can't fall in love."

     "So even though he can feel the emotion, he doesn't want to admit he's in love because he's not suppose to."

     "Yeah. He does seem to be in denial of being in love with a certain human."

     "Me."

     "So you know. Glad to hear it. How do you feel about it?"

     "I don't know. I'm curious. But now he doesn't want to be around me. We don't argue. Fight, or anything. This whole day he's been avoiding me."

     "Give him a reason to want to socialize with you. But you can't force yourself onto him. That will only push him to away."

     "There must be a way."

     "Don't be selfish."

     "I'm sorry, I just want to understand."

     "I want to understand why he likes a guy like you."

     "What?"

     "You guys fight all of the time. It wouldn't be a healthy relationship."

     "Says you."

     "Whatever."

     Wait, why do I care? I am just putting thought into this. Why would I care? Why should I care?

     I don't know, I guess it's curiosity that has me interested. I mean the way he panicked about liking someone, and someone in general not just me. I feel bad for harassing him now. I wasn't being fair.

     "Hmm? Keef? Must have left."

     "Dib!"

     "Gir? Hello Gir."

     "Can I talk to you?"

     "Sure."

     Gir ran over to my front door and then shoved me inside and closed the door.

     "Whoa, Gir. Everything alright?"

     "Yes. Zim doesn't know I'm over here."

     "Ah. What's up?"

     "I'm growing concerned over Zim."

     "You too?"

     "I wanted to ask you if you could keep an eye on him during school. Make sure he doesn't walk out in the rain, hurt himself. He is on panic mode now and that can go one of two ways. Death and demise, or happy life."