Boston Calling

The boys and I were sat backstage at Boston Calling. I was sat on Matty's lap, his fingers tickling up and down my side every now and then. I'd tap his arm lightly and he'd grin mischievously.

"You feeling ok, tap my leg once if yes, tap twice if not." I whisper into Matty's ear. I feel him tap once and he gives me a smile.

Hann came over with his camera and snapped a photo of Matty and I before walking over to the table to grab a drink.

"Good luck, you've got this!" I say quietly, He squeezes my thigh in response before I get up.

I left before the boys went on so I could get a spot in front of the barricade.

A gentle tap on my shoulder causes me to turn around, I'm met with a girl who could be no older than 17. I smile at her causing her to blush.

"You're so cute!" I tell her, causing the faded pink to turn brighter that adorned her face.

"Hi, I'm Star. Could I please get a photo with you?" She says sweetly.

I nod my head at her, leaning over the barrier slightly so that our faces squish together. She snaps a few photos and I give her a hug before standing straight again.

"Guessing you're here for the boys?" I ask her, pointing at the stage behind me.

Star quickly nods her head, "They're my favourite band. I've been waiting all day for this spot, trying to do my final project on them!" She tells me, waving her camera to show me.

She becomes distracted by my jumper, giggling excitedly. "Is that Matty's jumper?"

I look down at the red Gucci jumper with blue flowers embroidered onto it. It was one of my favourites of his, fitting slightly oversized on me.
I quickly look back to Star when she started speaking again.

"Is Matty doing ok? I don't mean to pry but he's seemed down the past few shows." Her tone worried.

Think quick Bea.

"He's just a bit tired, got a cold! Don't worry your sweet head over it though, he'll be fine." I reassure her. "I'll be back in 10 minutes."

Making my way backstage quickly to the boys, I spot Matty's curls from a mile away and run up behind him, covering his eyes with my hands.

He giggles "Muse, shouldn't you be out there?"

I move to stand in front of him, "There's a fan I just met, her name is Star. She's doing her final on you and I was wondering if I could bring her in front of the barricade with me?" I pout at him.

Ross laughs from beside me, "Oh he's not going to say no to you."

Matty nods in agreement "He's right. Keep an eye on her." He tells me, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Of course. She's my responsibility. Love you all, enjoy it out there!" I yell as I walk off, quickly running back to Matty after remembering what Star had said.

"If anyone asks, you've got a cold ok? The girl was asking if you were ok." He nods at me and kisses me quickly before I make my way back in front of the stage.

I make my way back over to Star, getting Mark to help her over the barrier. She hugs me tightly once she's over, thanking me repeatedly as I wrap my arm around her shoulder and position her at an angle for a perfect view of the boys.

The rest of the set was spent dancing with Star and helping her get photos. Matty put on a performance as always but even more so for the young girl who adored the band and had chosen to focus on them.

"That was the coolest thing that's ever happened to me, thank you so much!" Star says, looking on the verge of tears.

I quickly pull her into my side, rubbing comforting circles on her shoulder "That's alright, love. I hope your project goes well, would you please let me know how you've gotten on?" I ask.

She gives me her instagram name and I follow her so that I could keep in contact. I wish her luck before I have to make my way back to the bus to leave.

I notice Matty leaning against the bus with a cigarette in his hand, his other hand brushing the constant curls falling in his face.

"I think this is my favourite outfit you've ever worn." I say, tugging on the strings of the hoodie.

He leans in, humming against my mouth in thanks before kissing me.

"You doing ok?"

"Yeah I'm alright, are you?" He asks, pinching my bottom lip with his thumb to make a weird face and then he laughs.

"I'm ok if you're ok."

Matty throws his now finished cigarette to the floor, stomping it with his boot.

"What you did for that girl was ace by the way, you're one of a kind." He says.

"You're the one in the band, all I did was keep an eye on her." I retort.

a/n: boston calling was one of my favourite matty looks ever. he looked SO GOOD