➸okay but the universe does think about you

Do you ever wonder if the universe wonders about you too? If stars spend the night watching you dream and remind themselves their lover is looking at the same pair of closed eyelids and slightly chapped lips? Trees breathe in your carbon dioxide and fight for your life. Afternoon winds listen to the sound of your footsteps to calm down; sometimes they even linger close enough to touch you. Birds catch you walking to work and marvel over your black, silk-like hair and your best friend’s auburn waves. The entire sky converses daily of whether or not you are smiling today, tries to forecast if perhaps tomorrow they’ll get to see the light in your eyes again. Rains fall hard on days you need it to hide the sound of your pain, thunders rumble in the name of your heartache, and the sun comes out in the hopes of erasing your scars. Do you ever think that there are countless entities that wake up every time you cry? That they bend over backwards to guard a future in which you are happy? Because I do. No matter how dark it gets, I find myself assured that you will be okay, because you’re you. Every time I look at you, I believe that everything loves you.
I hope one day you can look in the mirror and see it too