43 | She comes home

"When you take my sister back to the Hemsworth estate, everything better be back to normal," Nico said. We sat in his car as he told me the do's and don'ts. "Alyssa has been through so much because of you. When you both go home, stick to the original plan. Maria is there to pay off her father's debt by bearing you two a child. A few more weeks and then you can get rid of her."

      I snap out of my thoughts when someone gently hugs me from the back. I force a smile, turning around to see a happy Alyssa looking up at me. She gives me a bright smile but that smile didn't make my heart beat fast like when Maria smiles.

Maria. I'm about to hurt my Ruby. My heart wants Maria. But I need Alyssa. Everything has been lost without her. I thought.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

Today, she is discharged. We will be going home and continue life like it should be. But then I'll have to face Maria, who still has no idea what I've decided.

I know she won't like it.

     ***

      During the ride home, Alyssa fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. I sigh, she has amnesia. Her memories are messed up. She's confused sometimes. Whenever she thinks hard on something, her head just hurts. She knows I'm her husband and Nico, her brother. She remembers Doctor Lilith. But she can't really remember Lyle for some reason, including Hya.

This woman keeps saving me and I owe her alot. She doesn't deserve to get hurt because of me.

We arrived at home and as I try to wake Alyssa from her short nap, I didn't see Maria coming to greet me at the car. She opens the door with a smile only for it to slowly disappear upon seeing Alyssa in this position.

"Maria?" Alyssa said, a smile forming when she sees the huge baby bump. "Omg! You look so beautiful!"

We slowly got out of the car and I try to avoid making eye contact with Maria. I can feel that she is upset.

And confused...

"Come, love," I gestured to the door, hand on Alyssa's lowerback as we headed inside with Maria following quietly behind.

         Maria

          Alyssa sat down at her vanity table, smiling at me in the mirror as I gently brush her hair. Her wound hasn't fully healed yet so she couldn't comb her hair by herself. Her hair is so soft.

"You're so quiet," Alyssa spoke up since I was so silent the whole time. "Is everything ok?"

Of course not! I yell in my mind. You're back! And you're taking everything from me!!!!

"Just tired." I said, giving her a tight lipped smile before placing the hairbrush down on her vanity. She nods with understanding, standing up to face me. She then looks around the room, and her face expression changed.

The room had a makeover when she was gone. The room used to be so simple. Just clean colors. Everything is in place. She and Bryce had pictures hung up on the walls. But now? There's none. And I hope she doesn't think about it because  all her pictures were thrown out last time. I don't know where it is.

"The room looks so different from what I can remember," She suddenly said, walking over to the small table in the corner with red roses in a vase. She touches a rose, looking at it as she said, "Red roses...one of your favorites. " She gives me a smile and I fake one, my heart beating so fast in my chest.

"Uhm, how bout we go downstairs? I'm sure Claire wants to spend time with you." I said, trying not to sound off or something. She nods slowly before walking to the door.

        ***

"I'm so glad you're alive, but what sucks is that you can't remember some things," Claire said, annoyed as she gave me the side eye.

I just sat in the other couch, flipping through a book which is all paragraphs and no pictures. Boring. Claire and Alyssa have been talking nonstop since we came downstairs.

"Yea, I know. Every time I try to remember, my head just hurts so I just don't try." Alyssa said sadly.

"Well, well, well, "

I stand up when my stepmother enters the mansion holding some shopping bags. She takes off her sunglasses and fakes a smile towards Alyssa who merely smiled back.

"Alyssa, dear. I'm so sorry for not visiting you in the hospital, but I knew you were in safe hands. I'm glad you're alive," Risa utters, going to hug Alyssa who was very innocent and has no idea whats been happening since she was gone. How would she react when she comes to know my own stepmother tried to erase every trace of her from this house and our lives?  Her pictures are gone! Most of her clothes became mine. And some were burned. Yes, I admit I burned most of her clothes. They were ugly. 

Maybe if Bryce gave me a heads up about his sudden plans on bringing her back, I could have prepared things and at least made the house look...normal.

But he didn't! Instead all this time, while i was in bed, in here, he was out there with Alyssa.

I'm mad that he brought her back. I knew she was alive...but I thought she would remember what horrible sin Bryce and I did. But no! She has amnesia! She is still in love with Bryce!

Bryce and I are supposed to get married and have a baby soon!

Now that the legal wife is back, how can I have a family? She is going to take everything from me!!!

"We all thought you were dead, dear," Risa said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I step over to them, listening to their conversation.

She should have been dead. I thought to myself.

Alyssa looks at her, confusion written all over her face. But before she could answer to Risa, we had more guests coming in. It was Bryce's parents. Oh the joy on their faces when they saw her. Just a few days ago, they looked at me with joy.

And now, the legal wife is back.

"We're so glad you're okay." Mrs. Hemsworth started crying.

Alyssa just laughed, comforting her mother in law. I snap my gaze when Bryce entered next, avoiding my gaze. I'm going to talk to him later tonight. He can't keep avoiding me!