23

"Nik, I have to go," Luna told Klaus

"Nik, I have to go," Luna told Klaus. The two had been dancing all night, the hybrids and other people could understand the mutual attraction that the two of them have.

"Do you need me to go with you?" Klaus asked. He was concerned for her safety because the threat of Mikael was still present in Mystic Falls.

"I'll be okay," Luna replied with a small smile. Then she had left with a parting goodbye. Luna was walking home when all of a sudden she felt something hit the side of her head. Luna started to walk funny, and her vision was slowing going away. Then, she was in darkness.

"You have a visitor," Tony, a hybrid, told Klaus.

"Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here," Klaus replied. He was in a good mood since he was with Luna for most of the night.

"He said his name is Mikael," Tony said. Then Klaus looked at Tony and replied,

"Then we mustn't keep him waiting," Klaus started.

"Move everyone outback. I'm going to have a little chat with my dad. Tony, you know what to do," Klaus finished. He went to the front door of the house, keeping himself inside. 

"Hello, Niklaus," Mikael started.

"Hello, Mikael," Klaus replied.

"Won't you come in? Oh, that's right,"  Klaus said in mock shock.

"I forgot. You can't," Klaus finished.

"Or you can come outside if you want," Mikael said. Klaus immediately said,

"Or I can watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb,"

"They can't kill me," Mikael said smugly.

"True, but it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these 2 fingers together, and they'll pounce," Klaus said while he rubbed two of his fingers.

"The big bad wolf. You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward," Mikael sneered.

"You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me," Mikael said smugly.  That was when Luna had begun to get up.

Then, a hybrid gave Mikael a girl with black hair. Just from her form, Klaus knew who Mikael had, and it made him fume. He needed to protect her, to save her.

"Nik?" Luna asked softly. Klaus snapped his head towards her, realizing that she was awake and that the secret was officially out.

"Come out and face me, Niklaus, or she dies. If she dies, then you will truly be broken," 

"I don't need her," Klaus started. 

"I just need to be rid of you," Klaus finished.

"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy! Who do you have other than those whose loyalty you've forced? No one," Mikael said. Klaus thought of Luna, and he was scared if his father would actually kill her.

"I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her," Klaus started off softly, and then he shouted.

"Come outside and face me, you little coward," Mikael started.

"And I won't have to," Mikael finished.

"My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her, you lose your leverage," Klaus said.

"So go ahead," Klaus taunted.

"Go on," Klaus kept taunting.

"Kill her," Klaus shouted.

"Come on, old man," Klaus continued shouting.

"Kill her," Klaus continued to shout.

"Kill her!" Klaus shouted.

"Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and will forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great," Mikael stated. 

Then, in an instant, the knife that Mikael had was stabbed into Luna, causing her to let out a gasp, with tears in her eyes, not knowing if Klaus wanted her dead. She looked down and saw blood on her dress, and then she collapsed. 

Then, her sight went black.