1. Marry him/ her

Thank you Crazy_Sidhantian for this beautiful cover.

And thank you to all my readers. Though I may not know you all personally but I am really really glad that we in a way got connected. And I literally have no words to thank you all.

****

One day before prologue

Nandini

"Mom please stop being so stubborn." I said as I followed her upstairs. "Mom please!!"

She stopped her steps and I too stopped my steps right behind her. She  looked at me from over her shoulders. "Are you marrying him or not?" She asked yet again.

"Mom how can you expect me to marry a guy I have never for once even met? Like I don't even know him."

"So I am telling you to meet him." She said as she turned to look at me.

"But I don't want to." I denied firmly."Mom I have just started my career and I don't have time for this marriage thing." I tried explaining. 

She shook her head and exhaled before turning around and moving upstairs. "Then I too don't have time to go for my check up." She shrugged and that only irked me.

"Mom!!" I stomped my feet in irritation before following her upstairs. "Mom please.. you know right how important this weekly checkups are!!"

"It's not as important as seeing you get married." She said as she entered her room.

"Mom don't be so stubborn." I came in front of her, blocking her way.

"You are being stubborn Nandini. I don't have much time left with me and-"

"Mom don't you dare say that." I cut her off. I could feel a knot form in my chest just with the thought of living a life without her.

"Nandini it's the truth. This checkups and medicines are just extending my lifetime for like one or two more months."

"Don't-" I tried cutting her off but she continued in a hushed tone. "Even you know that Nandini and before dying I just want you to get settled. I don't want you to be alone."

"Mom I am not going to be alone and you are not leaving me. Not so soon... I am a cardiologist after all and I will do whatever it takes to cure this heart disease of yours."

"Nandini you must just let me go now. Do you know how bad I feel seeing you struggle all alone?"

"Mum I am not struggling and I am not alone." I contradicted.

"As if I will believe that. You left your passion kickboxing and became a cardiologist just so that you could do something for me."I was left speechless. She knew about it all along. "Do you think I didn't know? I just pretended not to know because seeing you as a doctor was better than seeing you get bitten in the ring."

I sighed. "Mum I am more than happy right now. And okay one reason was you but it wasn't the only reason."

"Whatever... I don't know. I am not going for my check up if you don't agree to marry him." She sat on the bed, crossing her arms around her chest.

"Mom this is blackmailing.."

"So what if it is? Are you marrying him or not? And c'mon Nandini he is handsome, hot and smart. He has his own house, business, bank balance and he is a very healthy person who can satisfy your both physical as well as mental needs." She blabbered and I faked a cough. Like seriously.

"But the main point is I don't like him. Actually I don't even know him.."

"C'mon Nandini he is your dad's business partner Mr. Raj Malhotra's son. You know him."

"Mom I know Raj uncle but I have never for once seen his son." I said as I sat beside her.

"So go see him tomorrow and then only I'll go for my check up."

"Mom!!"

"Nandini!!"

I let out a sigh. "Okay fine I'll go see him but I have the right to reject him. Okay?"

"Not okay."

"Mom!!" I placed my hand on hers and she simply withdrew her hands.

"You have no other choice. I am not going for my check up if you keep up with this."

I clenched my fist and gritted my teeth in irritation, seeing her acting all stubborn. "Okay fine I won't reject him."

I could see her smile. "But if he rejects me then that won't be my fault."

"You aren't going to do anything, are you?" Her head snapped towards me.

"I promise to act nicely. I really promise. But still there can be you know chances that he wouldn't like me?.. So am just saying." I shrugged.

"Unless he has gone insane, he wouldn't reject you. You are a masterpiece..you know."

"I know that mom. But still probability you know."

"You better not do anything."

"I won't." I mentally smirked.

****

Manik

"What?" I wasn't sure if I heard my dad right.

"Marry her." He said as he tossed a photo towards me. Out of the blue he was telling rather ordering me to marry someone whom I didn't even know. Was this all a child's play for him or what?

"Dad you know I am quite busy handling this company. I don't have time for this." I said, not even bothering to look at the photo.

"Okay then you are fired." He said calmly.

"What!!" 'I was shocked' would be an understatement.

"If you don't marry her I am firing you but if you marry her then I am handing over this company as your wedding gift to you." He said as he reclined on the sofa.

"Dad why? I mean I worked my ass off for this company and now you want me to--- urghhh.." I was hell pissed but I knew my dad quite well. He wasn't going to back off and I had no other choice.

I picked up the photo to see a picture of a girl smiling. She really looked beautiful in the picture but still she just didn't look like my type.

"She is Nandini. Nandini Murthy, the daughter of our business partner Neelesh Murthy. She is a cardiologist and she is one of my favorite." I could see him smile.

"Have you even met her?" I asked. I knew Neelesh uncle but I had never for once seen his daughter.

"Yes of course I have. And she reminds me of your mum."

"Dad mum was an actress, not a doctor." I stated. What kind of resemblance did he see in her?

"I am not talking about the profession but their behaviour.  She is kind, sassy and strong just like your mum was and she is a perfect match for you."

"Perfect match... Yea right more like a total perfect mismatch." I said, sighing. My dad shot me a glare and I just stuffed her photo in my pocket. "Fine. I have no other choice. I'll meet her tomorrow."