i.

CHAPTER ONE,
NIGHTMARE.

CHAPTER ONE,NIGHTMARE

"FOLLOW ME."

The words uttered from the blonde's lips are silky smooth, alluring to the ears. She has no choice but to be. She has a mission to accomplish, a part to play. The man standing before her with a million dollar smile is no exception to the cruelty she loves to inflict. He has no clue that he's about to get a taste of it himself.

Side by side, the two walk around the luxurious hotel that's bathed in various hues of gold and a velvety red that nearly resembles blood. Electric blue eyes dart around the room and she adjusts the strap on her dress, the sound of high heels echoing throughout the hallway. There are a couple of security cameras but she keeps her head down, blonde strands falling in her face and concealing her identity. Eventually, the two make their way towards their intended destination - the penthouse suite that'd be fit for a king. It's not her thoughts but rather, the words belong to the man himself.

He's dubbed around Gotham as the self proclaimed king of the city. Seth Delgado, nearly as rich as the infamous Bruce Wayne, got his money through the dark world of crime. He was both ruthless and reckless, destroying lives before taking them. Seth was only getting more and more powerful, practically untouchable at this point.

That was about to change.

"What do you think, baby?" he asked and she bristled at the nickname. "It's nice, isn't it?"

"I love it." She took on a more softer and girly tone, giggling as she placed her purse over to the side before elegantly taking off her shoes. "This place is amazing. I'd never want to leave if I were you."