Season 1 - Pictures

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! (Y/n)!"

I rolled over in bed, my head aching from my hangover. In all honesty, it wasn't that bad since I hadn't had that much to drink, but I still felt like I might throw up at any second, and my little brother yelling my name and banging on my door wasn't helping.

"Go, away, Dipshit!" I called. I opened my eyes before immediately closing them, the sight of the morning light too intense for whatever time it is.

"I need to tell you something!" Dustin yelled. His voice was urgent, and I thought something might be wrong, so I told him to come in. However, I immediately regretted my decision when he practically jumped onto the edge of my bed.

"What could you possibly need to tell me at six a.m.?" I groaned. I tried to pull the covers over my head, but Dustin's weight kept them stuck under him.

"Eleven has powers!" He whisper shouted. I narrowed my eye sat him.

"Who's Eleven and why are you whispering?" I said. "And what about their pow-"

I was cut off by Dustin placing his hand on my mouth. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"You have to be quiet," Dustin said to me seriously. "Mom can't know."

When he lowered his hand, I was even more confused.

"Dustin, what are you talking about?"

"That girl, her name is Eleven, and she can move stuff with her mind."

I stared at my brother for a second, trying to decide if he was lying or not.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"What do you mean 'am I sure'!?" Dustin yelled.

"Okay, okay, shh," I said, clutching my head. "Ow."

"Are you hungover?" Dustin then asked.

"No!" I exclaimed. Dustin raised his eyebrows at me. "Maybe just a little, but it's not a big deal."

Dustin glared at me. "We're going over to Mike's before school, so get your ass into the shower and brush your teeth, God."
~~~
"We just tell our parents we have AV club after school," Mike said. School started in about 20 minutes, and the boys were plotting something. They still hadn't told me all the details about what had happened yesterday, and I was getting confused.

"Okay, okay, what's going on?" I interrupted. The boys rolled their eyes at me.

"Maybe if you had been here, you would-"

"El, short for Eleven, has a tattoo on her arm, the number eleven, so that's what we decided to call her," Mike interrupted Dustin. "Long story short, she didn't want my mom finding out about her, so she used her mind to close a door."

I stood, looking at the younger boy.

"How do I know you're not lying to me?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Go see for yourself," Lucas said. I huffed but walked over to the girl who sat on the couch, playing with a walkie talkie.

"Hi," I said with a smile when I sat down onto the couch. She looked up at me with big eyes. "This is going to sound a little weird, but apparently you have a tattoo. Can I see it?"

She looked at me unsurely but rolled up the sleeve of her sweater on her left arm to reveal an inked 011.

"Holy shit," I said, reaching out to touch it, but drew my hand back when I remembered who it was attached to. "Is this real?"

"Obviously," Dustin sneered. I flipped him off and scowled at him.

"Okay, so I get the 'Eleven' part, but how can I believe she has 'powers'?" As I spoke, I didn't notice the piece of hair that had slowly started to float upwards. Without thinking, I tucked it behind my ear, but my eyes widened when it happened again.