Ch28 - Cliche. The Adventurer Guild

Hello, we meet again. Please enjoy reading it~

*************************

"Hiiragi, where are we going?"

"To the town. I want to find some information and get some kind of ID or something like that."

After their rendezvous with the king, Sylvie and Hiiragi headed to the town by walking since they did not want to attract any unnecessary attention.

They walked side by side along the street heading to the town. The scenery did not change as they walked. Just a mass of citizens living their daily life.

They arrived after a few minutes later since the distance was not much.

Some were shopping at the store, some were eating at stalls or restaurant. Some were only sightseeing around the town.

Hiiragi noticed  a few things as he strolled.

There were some kind of differences of status and places. There were people with fancy clothes who spent their money freely in various high-class places. They were nobles or at least merchant.

On the other hand, there were those who used their money at cheap, ordinary shops or stalls. There wore ordinary clothes and some of them were wearing torn and dirty clothes. Maybe they were commoners who did not have much money to live even a normal life.

Sylvie, who saw this for the first time did not know how to react. There was sympathy in her eyes when she looked at the children in the slums. They wore shabby and dirty clothes. Their body were very thin, maybe from malnutrition. One thing obvious, was that they were starving. Sometimes, Sylvie saw a few children having a hollow look in their eyes.

Her heart ache watching this.

"Do you want to help them?"

Hiiragi asked as he saw the look in her face.

"...To be honest, I want to. But, for now I need to focus on the biggest problem."

Her face showed determination. Her eyes carried her resolution.

She knew that if she helped them now, they will be happy but only for a moment. When she leave, they would suffer again like before.

Therefore, it would be better for her to reach her main goal, the peace with the demon race. By doing so, she would be able to have more opportunities to help them.

"...okay. Now, let's go to the place where all the cliche's begin. Adventurer Guild."

Adventurer Guild. These two words were one of the most popular words in the fantasy novel. Most of the stories in teleportation to other world would have this place.

In this world, Adventurer Guild was a place where people who wished for thrilling and dangerous jobs but rewarding would work. There were many jobs that could take here.

For example, subjugation, scouting, investigation and many more. They do all kinds of work. They were different from mercenaries which take any job from any client.

Any adventurer can choose which work they wanted.

Hiiragi and Sylvie went there since they could get Adventurer Card which worked like ID. People would use this Adventurer Card as something like card which they could use to get into any city as long as they did not commit any crime since this card can detect any crime they had done.

The magic casted on the card would activate if the owner did it.

Since Hiiragi and Sylvie did not have any normal identification, Hiiragi thought they should get one in the Adventurer Guild. Sylvie had an identification but it was a royal one so it would attract attention if they used it.