Chapter 24 - Concert hide and seek

"We are going to a concert tonight" Romeo announced, as we walked down the schools hallways. Since our little heart-to-heart conversation on Romeos balcony, he was a lot more protective over me and refused to leave my side, when it wasn't necessary. I told him many times, that I could take care of myself and if in the case, that I was having a panic attack or would feel it approaching, I would immediately call him. But Romeo wanted to be by my side and protect me from this cruel world, as he puts it. It was kind of idiotic if you think about it. I have been through hell and back and I was a grown man, who was pretty strong and willing to fight if needed and another, just slightly taller and maybe tougher guy had to protect me? It was stupid. But also sweet.

For anybody else, it probably didn't look suspicious at all. We were friends before and now we just spend some more time together. To other people, it probably looked like, we grew to be really great friends and even Cody told me how happy he was, that his best friend and I got along so well. But for us, it was just a development in our relationship. I had noticed in those pasts couple of days, that it almost hurt, when he wasn't by my side and in my arms. I wanted to be able to hold his hand in public and share quick, but loving kisses, when he said something funny or seductive. I didn't want to hide my blush, when he whispered sweet nothings into my ear, while we sat at the lunch table.

I wanted to tell everybody, that Romeo was mine and show off my hot and loving boyfriend to the whole wide world. But that wasn't possible. Romeo was really patient about it and I think, some part of him was also not completely comfortable with coming out. Not because of what other people said or thought, no, he didn't give a single shit about that. But he didn't want to face Cody and the rest of the football team, when they would hear, that he was banging the newbie. Ok, we haven't banged yet. I mean, we haven't really made out or anything since the parking lot the other day. Sneaking around was harder than they tell you.

So we kept it a secret, but I still got paranoid from time to time. Especially, when we were all together in our little friend group, like in that moment, when he announced our trip to a concert. Romeo and I were walking slightly ahead, Amelie, Luke, Cody, Nick and Jaxson following behind us. Sometimes, Romeo forgets that we are not alone and brushes his hand against mine or says something stupid. Like right in that moment. We had talked about where we should hangout next (or more specifically, where we should have our next date, somewhere where nobody could see us and we could act like a couple) and he had looked up some locations on his phone.

He announced the idea with the concert way too loud, because Nick jumped in between us and said "Whoo a concert! Yes baby! What, when and where?" Then he turned around and yelled "Hey, guys? We are going to a concert!!" The others started to laugh and cheer as Romeo glanced over at me. "Oh shit" he mouthed to me and I mouthed "Idiot" right back at him. He chuckled as he glanced back down at his phone again.

"So? Where is this concert and when are we going?" Luke asked, as he swung his arm around my shoulders. Romeo growled slightly, as he saw the action, but quickly got himself under control, before anybody would get suspicious. He hated it, when Luke or other guys, even girls, touched me too eagerly. But I couldn't blame him. Every time another girl threw herself at him, I wanted to slap her. And I would fight any guy who just looked at Romeo the wrong way.

"Who are we even watching" Amelie asked and joined the hug. I could see Romeos grip tighten around his phone. Oh he hated that they were touching me so so much. "We are going to watch The 1975" he said, smirking at me. My eyes grew wide as well as my smile. He knew just how much I loved that band! We listen to it every time he drives me home or I drive us somewhere. He winked at me and I pressed down the blush, that so desperately wanted to make its way to my cheeks. I quickly checked, if somebody saw that little interaction, but they were all too busy chattering wether that was a good or bad idea.