Chapter 5

"If you don't answer me I'll cut off your head!" Izanami yelled raising her sword as she looked down at Sakura. "If you're so sure I did it then by all means kill me. My ultimate fate was always supposed to end at your hand. That's what we are, the Sakura. Disposable servants" his smile widened as he looked up at her. "Did you or did you not try to kill Nobunaga!?" her hands were shaking but it was hidden by the glare of the sun.

"Do it" he dared. Tightening her grip she swung her sword downward. The blade slicing the air as her arms suddenly felt heavy.
~

"Izanami there is someone I'd like you to meet" Hanzou smiled at her as he motioned her over. In front of her father was a young boy maybe a year younger than herself. He had snow white skin and jet black hair. His eyes were a light coral color and much like everybody in her family they were completely devoid of any joy.

Turning to face her he smiled widely, "It's a pleasure Lady Izanami" he bowed his eyes never leaving her. "This boy is your Sakura, he is to be your vassal alongside Lien. He has already been broken so don't worry he'll obey your every whim" Hanzou smiled as he clasped Sakura's shoulders. Izanami stared at him his smile never faltering. "You unnerve me" she said quietly her voice never raising above a whisper in the presence of others. "But you will do, follow me" Turning on her heels she began to walk out of the audience hall.

Izanami looked back slightly seeing him following her and yet not making a sound. 'Father must have trained him well. How unfortunate' Turning the corner into her part of the mansion she couldn't help but frown. Stopping in front of the last door in the hall she opened it to reveal a little under a hundred swords. Each a different style, color, and length.

"Pick" she stepped aside and motioned him. He stood there for a few seconds before eventually stepping closer. Glancing at her waist he scanned the rows of swords and chose one in the way back. A plain black sheath and a standard blade. "Is that your final decision?" she mumbled. He looked at his sword then at hers and nodded. 'Is he trying to match my sword?' She looked down at her plain sheath and standard style blade.

Never enjoying the flashy weapons most of her family used she kept with the classics. "Very well" she nodded and turned to the other side of the room into a giant room. "You will fight me" un sheathing her sword she took her stance.

"My father may have trained you but you are my vassal now" standing in her training room with her sword drawn her personality became stronger. "He gave you orders to never hurt me, correct?" he didn't answer her just smiled. "Forget about that rule. Today you will fight me until one of us can't stand" holding up her sword with one hand she pointed its tip to Sakura.

"By your command, My Lady" he bowed and drew his sword. Within seconds they became blurred images, clashing their swords against one another with ferocious speed and strength. This continued well into the night until one finally stumbled back.

Sakura's foot twisted as he landed on sweat. Trying to balance himself his guard lowered and he couldn't block the incoming blow. Izanami's eyes widened as the sword came crashing down. "No" she let out pulling her wrist back with an abnormal pop. Dropping her sword she looked at her loose wrist. She sighed and used her other hand to feel for the bone.

Pressing it in she twisted her wrist and popped it back into place. Moving it around to make sure it was okay she looked down at Sakura. "Let me see" she said kneeling down and grabbing his foot. "It's fine, I can take care of it" he pulled his leg away. "Shut up already" she sighed feeling for the popped bone.

Sakura watched silently as she popped it back into place. It was surprisingly gentle unlike when he saw her do it to herself. "Thank you, Lady Izanami" he got up, slowly putting his weight on his foot. "But why did you do that?" he asked remembering how she broke her own wrist so the blade wouldn't reach him.

"Why does anyone do anything? Come along I'll show you to your room" picking up her sword she walked away. "Okay...Lady Iza.." he walked after her. Izanami looked back a soft smile playing on her otherwise stoney face.
~

Gritting her teeth she stopped her sword right before it could make contact with his neck. Sakura looked at her pained expression. "Did you try and kill Nobunaga?" her eyes were now red and teary. "Of course not. I would never want to hurt you and I know what he means to you. After all he still thinks you were the one he was supposed to marry" Izanami winced as she heard his words.

'That's right, I was never supposed to meet Nobunaga. I wonder would he have loved her the same way?'