There's work to be done...

Sina

I blew out smoke right before taking another puff of my blunt, it's never too early for this shit. It was about 11am. I gazed down at my yungins from where I was sitting, on a crate on the porch of my crib. My yungins; A.j, Eric and Juan were playing craps along my walkway, causing a bit of an uproar of anger but I wasn't bothered by the shit. I'm not the one losing any money by betting on shit, I'm not interested in taking a chance to lose money knowing that I have to take care of my family, myself, my crib, my whip, shit and the way these fiends, clucks and geekers are, shit I have to re up as often as a nigga can. I chuckled as I continued to gaze at the scene.

The way these niggas were getting pissed off over shooting dice was quite amusing. I heard the doorknob turn a bit and with that my front door suddenly opened and out came my yungin Devin.

He took a seat on the unoccupied crate and began gazing at my yungins. He chuckled a bit before speaking. "What we on for today?", he queried.

I took another pull of my blunt and inhaled it before I gave him a response. "Shit, today is a chill day for me, that lil incident with Dre was on the news last night, so I ain't tryin to be out in the streets. I'll just lay low here and shit, these niggas always need rocks and shit, I'll be here all day so that'll be more money in my pocket.", I stated candidly as I took another pull.

Devin nodded. "Well shit, why don't we get some broads to come over here and kick it with us?", he queried.

I scoffed already knowing where this conversation was going. I chuckled a bit before speaking. "You tryin to bring them young broads back over here yung?", I asked never gazing his way.

Devin chuckled and that was my answer right there. This nigga fucking around with a little ass girl when he could go out and get him a woman but hey to each his own. I shook my head in disappointment. "You gone fuck around and get in trouble for fuckin around with them young broads nigga but I ain't blockin, if you tryin to fuck some shit up then do you, I don't care.", I said as I took another pull of my blunt.

He nodded. "I hear you but good lookin.", Devin said as he got up from the crate. "I'm about to ride out, I'll be back.", he stated as he began to walk off of the porch.

I nodded. "Aight yung.", I said right before finishing my blunt and gazing ahead with slit eyes. I inhaled the last bit of smoke. The same police car had driven past my crib for the 3rd time today and the shit was starting to piss me off. My niggas didn't notice, they were oblivious due to the game they were playing but as usual, I was very attentive of my surroundings. After a while of playing around with money, the craps game came to a complete halt as my right hand A.j won both Juan's and Eric's money and by that time Devin was long gone.

A.j took a seat on the unoccupied crate as Juan sat down on a step and Eric leaned against the railing. A.j began speaking. "Where that nigga go?", he queried referring to Devin.

I shrugged. "I don't know, probably to pick up them young broads.", I said gazing ahead of me, wondering if they were going to ride pass again.

A.j furrowed his eyebrows with a questionable gaze. "Young broads?", A.j queried out of curiosity.

I continued to gaze ahead. "Yeah man, he's fuckin with high school broads but fuck all that.", I started as I put my attention on my niggas. "I watched the opps ride past 3 times while y'all were crappin and shit, probably on some suspicious shit.", I said as I took my geek frames off, closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I'm not tryin to get locked up for shit, I'll be in that bitch for life.", I spoke out of frustration.

A.j began to speak. "Cool out yung, these niggas out here know who you are and what you're about, shit just about everyone in the Nola fuck with you, if there were witnesses, they not snitchin and shit if there were any snitchin goin on, the opps would've already got us for the shit that went down. We cool so don't even trip yung, real shit.", A.j spoke trying to reassure me.

I sighed before opening my eyes and gazing at him."I know but one thing I've noticed, no opps ever rode past like that over here, shit doesn't really go down over here and that's why I got this crib, quiet as fuck over here. I can be discreet this way, that's why I do my hustlin here but them niggas rode past lookin over here and shit like we on some other shit but I'm good. It is what it is but if someone snitched on a nigga and I find out about who did it, I bet you I knock them off before I go down and that's real shit. You know me, I don't give a fuck.", I said candidly.

A.j nodded. "I feel you but shit can't be done without evidence anyway, we cool on our shit, clean bullets, no prints.", A.j tried to assure me.

I gazed down at the ground before speaking. "I already know but still, I don't take too kindly to snitches, let alone bullshit, but shit I'm good, I'm not worried. I'm just tired of them bitches ridin pass my crib, I'm bout ready to pop them niggas.", I spoke in an agitated tone.

Juan chuckled. "Nigga you always on that ruthless shit, I swear to God.", Juan spoke.

I didn't let out the slightest chuckle. "I'm a real ass nigga and I'm about the shit that these facade niggas say they're about, I'm ruthless as hell but I wouldn't be me if I wasn't yungin.", I stated bluntly.
Before anyone had a chance to respond to what I said, my cell began to ring from my pants pocket. I reached into my pocket, grabbed my phone, gazed at the screen before answering the phone call."What's good?", I spoke into the phone to one of my clients.

I listened into the phone for what they were asking for. "Aight, an ounce of Cali kush is $450.00, a 16 ounce of Codeine Promethazine is $300.00 and a 8ball is $130.00.", I spoke.

"Aight, I'll be this way all day, so hit me up when you're on the way yungin.", I said before getting off of the phone.

I put my cell back into my pocket right before

A.j spoke. "Damn nigga, somebody tryin to get fucked up heavy.", he said.

I shrugged."I guess so but that's more money in a nigga's pocket so I'm good.", I said as I chuckled. "But check this out, I'm about to go get this shit together, y'all kickin it or headin out?", I queried.

"We headin out but shit we'll be back this way later on.", A.j said as he got up from the crate and leaned down a bit and gave me some dap.

"Aight yungin.", I said as I nodded at Juan and Eric as they began following behind A.j to his Cutlass.

They got in and after a minute or so they were off. I just sat there gazing at my surroundings, then the same cop car cruised by and I furrowed my eyebrows as they met my gaze. I sighed as I got up from the crate and walked into my crib.

There's work to be done...