27

Klaus had gotten his coffins back before Luna had awoken, but there was only one coffin left for him to get

Klaus had gotten his coffins back before Luna had awoken, but there was only one coffin left for him to get. This coffin was the most dangerous of them all. Luna had no clue as to what was going on and thus chose to remain quiet.

"So why don't we talk about this?" Klaus had started. Luna was right behind him, waiting to see who was in Klaus' house without his knowledge, and when she did see who it was, she screamed in shock. While the man said,

"What did you do?" Elijah said. He was in the living room, close to the stairs and even Klaus was surprised by his appearance.

"Aaah!" Luna shrieked. She had no clue that Klaus' brother would be awake. She knew about him daggering his siblings, Klaus had told her every bad thing that he had done in his lifetime, which was a lot. Though Luna did not see Klaus as the villain in this story, instead she saw him as a man who was lost in a world that was not accepting him.

 As Luna had shrieked at Elijah's voice, in surprise, Klaus had then said,

"Elijah?" Klaus questioned. He was surprised that his noble brother was awake. He had not woken him, and he had no clue as to who would've woken Elijah.

"You look surprised to see me," Elijah had started. He was walking up to Klaus, he then saw that there was a girl behind him.

Elijah's mind went to the thought that he was holding her against her will, but she was too close to Klaus for that to be the situation. That made Elijah reassess why she was in Klaus' home. 

She was still in her dress for homecoming, her being asleep from being stabbed for a longer time than she thought. The dress still had the bloodstain from where she was stabbed, Klaus not changing her clothes since he thought that it would be an invasion of her privacy. 

Klaus then stood in front of Luna, obstructing Elijah's view of her.

Klaus was standing as though he was her protector, and she was someone who needed protecting. That was the way that Klaus had seen luna. She was someone who needed Klaus' protection, and only Klaus could protect her to the extent that she needed it. 

Klaus thought that no one could protect Luna the way that he could, and in his mind, it had made the most sense to him, and his mind had accepted the role of a protector. Even with his supernatural sides, his vampirism, and his werewolf side, they also wanted to protect her. It was as if she was a jewel and only Klaus could protect it.

"I guess it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest," Elijah then proceeded to say. The silence was almost deafening, and then Klaus smiled in a mischevious way, and he stated,

"You look like you could do with a drink," Klaus said. There was a lot that the two brothers had to discuss before they back on good terms.