I've got you (Jaemin)

"I'm letting you go now," Jaemin said solemnly.

"Na Jaemin, don't you dare!" Y/N yelled, earning a chuckle from the boy. It would have been a great day for cycling, with the sun behind the clouds and a cool breeze blowing, only if Y/N knew how. Jaemin held the bicycle steady as Y/N slowly pedaled, with her arms wobbling and the front wheel turning in unplanned directions.

It had started the day before when Jaemin bought a new bicycle and wanted to go cycling with Y/N. To which she sheepishly confessed that she didn't know how to cycle. Jaemin thought that this was unacceptable and became hellbent on teaching her. And since Y/N didn't own a bicycle, Jaemin brought both of his.

"How about we take a little break?" Y/N asked. Jaemin agreed, albeit reluctantly.

Y/N wheeled the bike to a side and sat on a bench. "Hey, your old bicycle is working fine, why'd you buy a new one?" She asked as she unfastened her helmet.

"Um, because I can." Y/N playfully punched his arm. "Well, I usually go cycling with Jeno and I felt like I needed a new one."

Y/N nodded slowly. Although she didn't like the idea of falling off and hurting herself, she did enjoy being with Jaemin. And since he was often busy she was glad she could spend this time with him. If the price for his company was scraping herself, so be it.

Jaemin kissed her cheek, "what are you thinking?"

"N-nothing," she blushed.

"Let's go," Jaemin took her hand and made her stand with him. They were off to cycling again.

"I'm gonna fall!" Y/N shrieked as the bicycle tipped to one side.

"I've got you." Jaemin balanced the bike again.

After almost half an hour, Y/N had started to pedal faster. "You're here, right Jaemin?" She asked nervously as the bike began to gain speed. "Jaemin?" She turned her head and saw him at a distance, grinning at her. Y/N felt the bike tip heavily sideways and she fell, with the bike falling on top of her.

As she was registering the pain in her shoulder, the weight on her was lifted. "Are you okay?" Jaemin asked frantically.

"Yeah, it's not too bad. Ow!" She winced as she tried to get up. Jaemin slowly lifted her, so as to not hurt her and helped her to the bench.

"Hey, let's try this some other day," Jaemin suggested, searching her face for any signs of pain.

"No, today is the day. Let's just rest for a moment first, hm?"

"Sure, babe." He smiled. "You know, you rode really well. Before the crash, that is."

"Hey! Why'd you let me go without telling me?" Y/N said accusingly.

"Had I told you, would you have let me let you go?"

"Well, I... you're right," she agreed begrudgingly. "I'm all better now, so let's go!" She took Jaemin's hand and led him to the bikes.

"Hey, I'm pretty good at this," Y/N complemented herself as she cycled without crashing. Jaemin, who was cycling right beside her, grinned then pushed his foot a little harder on the pedal, making him go several inches ahead of Y/N. Seeing him, Y/N went a bit faster too. Which was countered by Jaemin in no time. Before they knew it, they were racing each other. That was until Y/N made a hard right and crashed right into Jaemin.

xxx

Hey everyone! I hope this one shot finds you in good health.

I know it's been long since I posted something. Also, I'm sorry this is so short. I hope I can post something longer next time.