Chapter 24

I woke up with a start because of the loud voices. I sat up and saw Kit and Josh arguing. "Will you fucking stop it Josh!" Kit exclaims.

"I'm not even doing anything" Josh looks up innocently.

Kit glared at him "If you throw another pebble at me I'll beat you up"

Josh laughed loudly "You're cute"

Kit glared at him but blushed at the same time.

I heard a sigh and looked at my right and saw Ramona sharpening her arrows "You'll get used to them" she said.

"So Roses, what are we going to do first?" Josh asked.

I sat close to them for them to hear me better. "First we need to find a way in. Preferably at their dungeons. If we can free our captured knights first then they will add strength to our group"

"And if we can't get them out?" Ramona asked.

I sighed "Then we'll push through on our own and go straight for the king"

Josh raised his hand which confused me "What is it, Josh?" I asked him.

"How do you know the king will be there?" He asked.

I sighed "Great question" I looked at them "I don't"

Ramona snorted "This is going to be a disaster isn't it?"

Kit sighed "Will you let her finish?" he said to Ramona.

I nodded at Kit as a thank you "I have no way of knowing if the king will be there but if we can confirm that the Ruins is their hideout, the king will surely be close enough. I know it's risky but this is our best shot at ending all of this, probably our only chance" I said.

Kit and Josh nodded but Ramona is still a little cautious. I can't really blame her. This is the most unprepared and the most spontaneous mission that has ever been enforced.

"I need to know where all of you are most skilled so we can plan this as thoroughly as possible and maximize the use of our abilities," I said.

Kit started "I mostly excel in traps. I can plant anything, I can do spike traps, stick pits, mace traps, and small explosives in a small amount of time and minimum resource" He smiled proudly.

I nodded "That talent will definitely be useful. Josh?" I asked Josh.

Josh shrugged "I'm strong. They usually use me as a frontman when on the field.

I nodded, already thinking of strategies where we can take the most advantage of their abilities.

"Ramona?" I asked.

She continued sharpening her arrows "I'm long-ranged. I'm very precise with a bow and arrow. I could be the lookout" she offered.

I nodded "This is perfect"

We planned our next move for a while. Everyone is starting to look at this as an opportunity than looking at it as a suicide mission. We can finally see that we have a chance. If we use our skills and teamwork, we can definitely win this.

When the time came we got on our horses and rode towards The Ruins.

We're not the best team, we don't even trust each other that much, we don't even know each other well, but all I know is we have the heart to win this and that's enough for now. We're going to save our kingdom.

I'm going home princess, even if it's the last thing I do, wait for me.

♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘

A/N: Thank you :))