CHAPTER 8 - THE HEART REMEMBERS 4.0

Note – Ok guys, here is the update, please embrace for yourself for a long update! It all had to be together, I couldn't split it, you will know why , once you read it!!

Thanks guys for your time and love.

.........

Chapter 8 – The Heart Remembers 4.0

Flashback Continues

Four Days Later

Arnav's POV

My phone beeped.It was a text message from Khushi.

Khushi : hey Arnav, are we meeting up today?Its been four days since I last saw you! Let me know if you are free this evening,we can meet after im done with work.

I sighed, but I quickly replied : Khushi, im busy today.Will call you later.

My phone buzzed within a second.

Khushi : Oh,ok, no worries! I just miss you.

I missed her too, but I wasn't going to tell her that!

I re-read her message again in silence, and by then my phone beeped again.

Khushi : Is something wrong??I mean are you mad at me about something, anything?

I was pushing her away, but I didn't want her to think that I was mad at her.My inner battle was not her fault, so I quickly typed : No Khushi, why would I be mad at you? Im just busy, that's all.

Khushi : ohk, I understand. Ill wait for your call then. See you.

I put my things aside on the table, I was free actually, classes had ended early, and I did have a lot of work to finish for my assignments but then, I did have a couple of hours free ,and a part of me was aching to see Khushi too, I hadn't seen her after I had dropped her off to her place the other day, which was four days ago.

It hadn't been easy distancing myself from her, because I had become so used too having the feel of her around me, but I had too, it was for my very own sanity in the moment that I maintain some distance from her, and the space was exactly what I needed to get a grip on my emotions.

I could still feel the longing there deep inside, but then four days of my mind taking over, I was kind of getting there into the control zone, slowly and steadily. Id need some more time maybe, but then it would be ok.

But the problem I was facing was that Khushi had always been such a good friend too, and now I was in the zone , that in the quest of maintaining distance, I was also loosing out on a good friend, who did understand me like no other.

But then by default that's the price one has to pay when you mix up, and then decide to mess up!

But I knew Khushi way too well, I was sure she could sense it, that something was a miss here, and she would not let it just slip aside, and that's what worried me, shed keep at it, and what if that weakend my resolve?

I just needed to keep avoiding her for now, until I could be sorted enough to see her in person and be firm about my decision.

..........................

Four More Days Later

Khushi's POV

I looked out the window of my workspace, hoping that the serene view outside would bring me peace. It was lunch time, but I had kind of lost my appetite these days, I wasn't hungry much, because I had this horrific feeling , always eating up my insides that something was terribly wrong in here between me and Arnav, and I couldn't get my head around it.