Part 5

As khushi was about to ring the doorbell at shantivan arnav came and stood beside her and said: dekho hamarey beech jo bhi hai uska pata ghar walon ko nehi...(look whatever happened between us should not..)

Khushi ignored him and walked in.

Arnav: what the... khushi tum...(khushi you..)

But before he could say any further he saw khushi being circled by the family members.

Nani: khushi bitiya kaha thi aap...aap thik to hai na?(Khushi where were you? Are you alright?)

Mami: sasuma thik kaahey naahi hogi...ab raijada houz mein jo entriya le chuki hai helo hi bye bye(why won't she be alright now that she has made an entry to raizada house..)

Nani rolled her eyes. Anjali stroked khushi's hair and said: aap kaha thi khushiji? Pata hai hum sab kitna darr gaye they?(Where you khushiji? We were so worried)

Khushi looked at arnav once and then said: humey maaf kar dijiye di...woh kya hai na jaldi jaldi mein hamara phone buaji ke waha rahe gaya isiliye hum arnavji ko phone nehi kar paye...jab tak hum inke daftar pohochey yeh waha se nikal chukey they... fir raastey mein humey devi maaiya ka mandir dikha to thode der ke liye waha baith gaye they...fir..( Forgive me di..I forgot my phone at buaji's place so couldn't call arnavji..by the time I reached his office he had left...then I saw the temple on the way..then..)

Arnav cut in and said: ok now everyone...its very late aap sabko so jaana chahiye...and di aap..aapko pata hai na is haal mein aapko zyada der tak jagni nehi chahiye...(ok now everyone..its very late..you guys should sleep now..and di you shouldn't be awake so late in this condition)

Anjali: off ho chhotey tum aur shyaamji dono ko na bas koi kaam nehi hai humey daant ne ke ilava....dekho na achanak aj subah woh kaam ke silsiley mein bahaar gaye..lekin subah se sau bar phone kar chuke hai,...(you and shyaamji don't have any work apart from scolding me..he has gone out for work but has called me 100 times since morning)

Arnav's blood boiled at the mention if shyaam. He headed towards his room to control his anger. Khushi followed him. Khushi entered the room and closed the door. Hearing the sound of the door closing arnav said: kafi achha jhoot bol leti ho..(You are a perfect liar!)

Instead of shedding tears khushi came and stood infront of him and said: Mr. Raizada aapko shayed yaad nehi hai..koi baat nehi hum aapko yaad dila detey hai... (she paused and added): sachhai humey pata nehi hai..(I think you don't remember..let me help you recall...I don't know the truth). Arnav didn't have an answer to this.

She tried to walk away. Arnav couldn't take it. His ego was hurt. He held her hand with force: don't you dare talk to me like that.. and you know what...achha hoga ki tum mujhse baat hi mat karo....i feel disgusted with you around..(Don't you dare talk to me like that..and you know what..even better if you don't talk to me...I feel disgusted with you around)

Khushi jerked her hands off and walked away. Arnav went and sat on the recliner and opened his laptop, while khushi took out a diary that she got from gupta house and went to the poolside. She flipped through the pages and her eyes filled up with tears and she said to herself: hum bhi kitne bewakuf they...kya kya sapne saaja baithey they... (I was such a fool..what all I dreamt of)she then wiped her tears and said: lekin ab hum aur nehi royenge.. bilkul nehi royenge...(I will not cry anymore..not at all)

After a while she closed the diary and walked into the room. Arnav was not inside. She silently kept the diary in the closet and went and slept on the floor. After a while arnav came in. His eyes first fell on the floor and for a second he felt like a monster who was torturing this girl so much. He walked upto her and kept staring at her, he could see her shivering in the cold. Having no control on his own actions he picked her up from the floor and placed her on the bed and slowly covered her with a blanket. He was amazed to see a smile cross her face as soon as she felt the warmth of the blanket and the softness of the bed. He smiled too and slowly tucked her hair behind her ears. He was about to move when he heard khushi mumble something. He turned and listened carefully.

Khushi said: arnavji..kyun kiya aapne aisa hamarey sath aisa...humse aisi kaunsi galti ho gayi thi...humey to laga tha ki aap humse ....(arnavji...why did you do this...what did I do..I thought that you...) Arnav froze on the spot as he anticipated her to say something which he was not ready for or may be he didn't have the courage to hear. But unfortunately he couldn't make out anything but whatever he heard was enough to take his sleep away. He went to the recliner and lied down wondering why she was saying like that...what did she actually want to say...why was she taking his name in her sleep if she loved that...that man. Lots of questions, to which he had no answers. He kept staring at the ceiling. What if he had misunderstood something, why does it seem as if he was missing something? He didn't realize when sleep took over him.

When khushi opened her eyes in the morning, she was surprised to find herself in the bed and arnav sleeping on the recliner. But she chose not to react. She slowly came down from the bed and got into the washroom to change. Arnav had woken up long back but he was lying down with his eyes closed, secretly hoping to see some reaction from khushi when she woke up on the bed. He didn't know why he felt disappointed when she walked away to the washroom without even showing a little bit of reaction. He went down for the breakfast. While the whole family gathered for the breakfast, khushi chose to stay in the kitchen most of the time. After finishing breakfast arnav went to the kitchen making an excuse of drinking water. Khushi saw him entering the kitchen out of the corner of her eyes, she immediately got busy with cooking. Arnav kept the glass a little louder on the shelf to draw her attention but she was unmoved. He poured the water in the glass taking a little longer and kept looking at her all the while. When she didn't react, arnav yelled still looking at her : hariprakash...hariprakash..

Khushi shivered a bit getting scared but she quickly composed herself by shutting her eyes . Hariprakash came running to the kitchen and said: ji arnav bhaiya..(Yes)

Arnav gritted his teeth and said: meri gari ki chaabi kaha hai damn it!(Where are my car keys damn it)

Hariprakash got scared and said: maaf karna arnav bhaaiya humne dekha nehi...hum..(Forgive me..but I have not seen it)

Arnav glanced at khushi once again and said to hariprakash: tumhe paise kis baat ke miltey hai...(what do you get paid for?)

Khushi walked out of the kitchen and came back in two minutes and called: hariprakashji..

Hariprakash turned to khushi and said: ji bhabi

Khushi handed over the car keys and said: yeh lijiye.. (Take this) and went away

Hariprakash took it and was about to give it to arnav, arnav snatched it from his hand and stormed out. He got into his car and punched hard on the steering. For some weird reason he was very angry because of khushi's ignorance. At the same time he knew that he should have been happy because this is what he wanted. He started the car and drove in full speed to his office.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें