16

"It's done," Draco turned away from the cabinet to face me. I sat on the couch next to the cabinet and looked up at him. I had been waiting for this moment for a long time. I had wanted this cabinet to be finished since I first found out about it.

"What do we do now?" This was the beginning of the end. Everything that was to happen next would happen in such a quick fashion that it would be like a roller-coaster that has no end.

            I hadn't thought this far ahead. What was I going to do when my boyfriend, the man that has become my world kills someone again? There is no way that Draco will be the person he once was, not if he does this again. I shudder ran down my spine.

"I will send world to the Dark Lord. Then I will be told how to proceed." He answered falling into the space next to me with a sigh. There was relief in his tone, but it was short lived.

"Have you thought about it?" my fingers playing with my hair without my permission. A nervous tick I had recently picked up.

"No," he answered honestly.

"Do you have to do this?" I asked shifting so I could face him. I knew it was selfish but what if someone killed Dumbledore for him. That way he won't be responsible.

"There is no one else, Ivy," he gave me a soft smile, sympathetic, he had been reading through my thoughts. At one time that would have bothered me, but it started to become comforting. There were never any awkward confrontations or a need to explain each other. We just knew.

"Ivy," he continued. "You don't need to worry about me." he lifted my head and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I will never stop loving the feeling of his cool mouth on mine.

"I'm always going to be worried," I answered. I loved being tough but with him...I couldn't.

"What worries you?"

"That you won't be you."

            He took a deep breath looking at me with his piercing eyes. He was thinking of what to say only speaking when he found the right words. "I will never change Ivy. Not for you. I won't lie to you when this is done and Dumbledore is...dead, it won't be the same. I have to be what I have to be, and you know that. I will be different around other people. Distant, cold, whatever scares you. For you, Ivy, I will always be me. I promise you right here and right now that I will be whatever you need me to be. I love you."

            I had no answer but to kiss him. I sat myself into his lap deepening the kiss quickly. His hands went to my waist gripping me tightly. I loved when he held me as if I'd disappear if he'd let go. As much as I loved pulling at his hair and him biting my lip, I knew it wasn't the time. I pulled away still sitting in his lap.

            Draco gave my lips a few more pecks not ready to be done. Don't get me wrong I would have sex with him no questions asked right now if I knew he didn't have to send word to Voldemort.

"You have business to attend to, Master Draco," I teased lightening the mood.

"I have a feeling the Dark Lord can wait another hour or so," he ducked his head into my neck giving me a kiss that tickled.

            I let him convince me that the Dark Lord could wait as he unbuttoned my shirt leaving me in my bra and skirt.

"I never knew I had a schoolgirl fantasy," he whispered into my ear.

"You don't." I couldn't help laugh at our pathetic attempts at being young.

"I don't know about that. Green plaid looks fantastic on you," he pulled me under him in a swift motion that caught me off guard.

"Are you trying to flirt with me Master Draco?"

"Oh, Sweetheart you know I am."

~

            Later that evening I followed Draco up to the owlery. I stood by the door as called over his owl. It reminded me of my cat in a while. She had to be around her somewhere. She loved bothering the owls. She never fought or ate them, but she liked to play around with them. She really was a strange creature.

            My black cat waltzed her way up to me as I kneeled down to her height. I felt bad for almost neglecting her. I rarely saw her. I used to cuddle with her every night and now she sleeps at the foot of my bed. I gave her a scratch between the ears. I had brief thoughts of what would happen to her after I have to flee with Draco. Maybe Pansy would be kind enough to take care of her. I wanted her to come with me desperately, the last reminder of my family, but I had a feeling the Dark Lord's snake would see her as a snack.

"What are you thinking about?" Draco called from where he was writing his note.

"Nothing, are you almost done?" I stood up taking Moon in my arms.

            Draco tied the note to his owl with a bow and send it off with a wave. I had no idea where the letter was going but it would be in the hands of the Dark Lord soon.

"Now, I'm done," he smiled taking my hand before leading me out of the owlery.

            We walked quietly heading back to the dormitories. We had skipped dinner, too stressed to go eat dinner. I had a teacher pull me aside a few days ago, they noticed that I had been skipping out on meals. I told them that I had been eating in my common rooms trying to cram some homework in.

"What happens next?" I asked as our held hands swung between the two of us.

            He took a deep sigh looking ahead. I was starting to hate these long pauses. I knew there was a lot toying around in his head, but I felt he needed the moment of silence without my intrusion.

"A lot and so little at the same time," he decided.

"Do we leave after it's...done?" I needed to know what the possible escape plan was going to be. Were we staying in school or were we leaving going directly to The Dark Lord? I needed a plan. Planning calmed me.

"I think I have to, Ivy. There is no way that people won't quickly realize that it was me." He frowned but didn't seem sad. He had made is choice even if it was one, he may one day regret.

"I'll be going with you of course," I say leaving no room for discussion.

"I don't think so," Draco tried to challenge.

"I've made my choice too, Draco. I'm going wherever you're going." I gave him a look. He dropped it knowing that fighting me was useless. I will go wherever he goes regardless of the trouble it will get me into.

"No one else is coming then," Draco huffed.

"Of course, they aren't." I agreed. I love my friends, but they would be more trouble than helpful if we are trying to make a getaway.

            We walked down the rest of the hallway chatting like teenagers. He complained about the rain and I gossiped about some girls in my class that were annoying me. If felt for a moment in time that everything was normal. That we were normal. I will cherish these moments of normalcy like my life depends on it.

~~~

Thank you for all the well wishes! It's the beginging of the end. I also wanted to mention that I posted the cover for the sequal to this book. I hope you're excited to see where Ivy and Draco's adventure go.