Chapter 2: The Sanitized

???'s pov (Status: Sanitized)
My life has ended.
My ink has changed
My right hand is melting.
And the side my body is torn.

I'm dead! We all are.

And came back to life.
Now we live in new life. I used to be an average Sanitized. Craving the ink of innocents, I stalked them but when I actually found food. I stepped back. The..... horror. They splatted ink till he burst. The ink splatted everywhere and if they didn't have weapons.......

They.... they ripped people to shreds. Drank their ink for nourishment and left to find more. I just stared as the newly Sanitized rose from his puddle.

I guess I was quite something else before I died. I don't remember.I leave the street and I head down to a bar as I try to shake off the memory. Inklings and Octolings ran off in terror of the other Sanitized.

Stangely enough, Jellyfish are not targeted by them. I don't put much thought to it. I took a look inside. The whole place is empty. I take a a mug and pour myself an ink beer. I sip a bit and relax.

The last 4 days has been rather tiring. Without eating the ink, my body felt starved but I still lived. I sip a bit more, letting myself enjoy the booze. Eventually, I got just a little tipsy.

Usually, my brain tells me to stop at this point but it was not working. So, instead of leaving just a little bit tipsy I left an hour later, flat out drunk. I, um 'walked' out of the bar.

I stumbled through the street, wasted. Then I fell flat on my face. I could hear the grunts of an Octoling girl, possibly fighting off the Sanitized. I giggled a bit. She would soon join us.

I looked up to see a terrible scene for the Sanitized. The Octoling girl smashed a splattershot on a Sanitized, exploded another with a Auto-bomb and destroyed yet another 5 with a Splashdown.

Then a sweet smell entered my nose. A smell I was never really aware of. My hunger was winning me over on this. Come on, I will not be reduced to a monster like them. But the aroma invaded my nose. It was the scent of..... of........ Sweet Ink Cider!!! Is that what she smells like? Well then I better get up and.......

Flashback
It's a scene of me and Someone else, their face is unclear but it is clearly an Octoling.

"You wouldn't hurt me would you?"

"Don't worry, (REDACTED), I haven't hurt you that day, won't hurt you this day or any day or anyone. That I promise you." I said.

"I, um got something to tell you...." She said.

Flashback ended

What did she say?......
What did she say?!!!!
THESE MEMORIES THAT I CAN NEVER FIND YET THEY TAUNT ME SO MUCH!! I.....I got to...... control myself. I must keep that promise there.

I brought myself back to the hell I called reality. I felt a drop on my palm. A pure blue ink tear. One before the rest of it comes in as a stream of green-blue Sanitized ink. The last of my Inkling past. I wanted to help the Octoling now. But I fear she would not be able to understand.

The Sanitized had lost the ability to speak proper Inklish. We just sounded like a teapot of boiling ink tea. Gurgles and grunts.
Like:
"Glkauhshgskwukz(while drinking ink)"

I needed something, Anything! I needed to show her I was not a threat. We were nearby a shopping district in Inkopolis. So I rose up and rushed into a mall. I went to get the first thing that came to my mind.

Hello, This is the end of the second chapter of my new book. If there are any problems you have with the plot, please comment down below. This is Agent_I signing out.