CHAPTER 8

'Your argument to my agreement is the best thing that I find'

🌌

2 December 2024

It was morning when Taru woke up to a ringing doorbell. She had looked beside her just to notice that Taehyung wasn't there, probably went to the gym. She got downstairs in a hustle, and when she opened the door, she'd seen a man holding a rose in his hand. She got puzzled, looking at him weirdly.

"Yes?" She said, her eyes widened. "Happy Birthday ma'am. For you" The unknown man said instead, handing her the flower. "Excuse Me? Do I know you?" She asked, leaning on the door a bit more, her eyebrows furrowed.

Well, what you'd expect? Who recieves a flower from some unknown man at seven a.m.?

"I'm afraid not ma'am" He smiled. "I'm a delivery guy. This is sent to you by someone else" He said, moving away from the house, not wanting to stay under Taru's glare anymore. "Thank you" she muttered, still looking at the rose in confusion.

She took a shower, still waiting for Taehyung. She was surprised though, she hadn't received a single call yet from Y/N, who always used to wish her even before her birthday. She had to have some expectations. After all, wasn't she so spoiled by Y/N? But she was fine with it, she thought that she may have not woken up yet, it was just 8 am.

Anyway, she heard a ding dong again, causing her to tch. She left her half-fried egg on the pan, closing the gas to move to the door. When she got there, this time it was just a teenage boy, holding a small bunch of Lilys. She took it from him without any questions. She heard a little 'Happy Birthday' from him too. She was just wondering about who it could be doing such a thing. She had about.. one ... two... three... eight people to expect such a gift from.

Six guys who were her favorites, one girl whom she'd known almost her whole life, and one guy she loved.

It was not much of a surprise when she received a humongous bouquet the third time when the bell rang. 

🌌

"Didn't I ask you not to give me anything costly?" Taru asked, looking around with arms crossed. There were like seventy bouquets resting in different parts of her bungalow. "I didn't." Taehyung mischievously smiled and replied, looking at her with a shine in his eyes.

"Then what, is all of this?" She asked, throwing her hands all around.

"Well, you didn't ask me to get you gifts. So this," He said, back hugging her "Is my gift. Ten from every BTS member." She smiled, turning and pecking him quickly, followed by a sweet little hug. 

*phone rings*
*AIN'T NOBODY TELL ME NOTHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*

Her phone rang, causing Taehyung to roll his eyes. She looked apologetically smiled at him. "I'll just check it" She said, pulling up her jeans and picking her phone up.

"Oh look who it is" She grinned, showing her phone to Tae who sighed at the sight of your name displayed on the screen. "Aish this woman. Always stealing you from me" He said, sitting comfily on the sofa. Taru answered your video call, seeing your swollen face on the screen. You had just woken up, proof being you were still on the bed.

"Happy Birthday my woman!" You said in your morning voice, bringing your teacup to your mouth. "Thank you" Taru smiled cutely, sitting on Taehyung's lap. "Hi Tae," You said, waving your hands. "Give it to me" The couple heard Jungkook's voice, and soon saw his face. "Happy Birthday Miss," he said, bunny – smiling and sending Taru a flying kiss. Taehyung glared, causing Jungkook to chuckle and pull you closer.

"So what is the plan?" you asked, while Jungkook was busy eating your shoulder. "Nothing much. Would you like to see my gift?" Taru asked and you nodded. She turned the phone 360° slowly, so that you could see all  the flowers. "Taehyung! That's so beautiful!" You exclaimed, putting a hand over your mouth. "Seriously hyung. Well done, I'm impressed." Jungkook said with big eyes.

Taehyung gave a huge boxy smile to the two, looking at Taru who looked back at Taehyung, smiling along with him. "Oh why am I not there to irritate this girl..." You pouted and Taru narrowed her eyes.

"I want to be there too" You said, playing with Jungkook's sleeves. "Don't worry. We have the Grammys soon, so they'll come here! We'll be going together. So yeah, Jungkook and Jimin will have to come here" Tae said, nodding. "That's great" Taru said, giving a small clap. "Bye peoples!"

"We'll be going" you said, with your fingers on your lips after the call disconnected. Jungkook looked at you and suddenly changed his position. He was earlier sitting behind you with his arm around your waist, but now he was sitting right in front of you.

He sat there quietly and his eyes screamed that he wanted to tell you something. "Speak up" You said. "You know that I've been nominated for best album, right?" he said nodding and your eyes widened. "NO YOU PIECE OF SHIT! When were you planning to tell me?!" You screeched, your ARMY instincts coming through. "Sorry" he sleepily smiled while you threw a pillow at him.

"So anyway, I'm invited as a soloist too... that means ...." He looked at you. "That means...?" you asked with bright eyes but no clue. "That means... that they've invited my partner too... and...." "And?" you spoke quickly, your eyes stationary. "I... want you to come with me... Taehyung hyung is taking Taru there... so... yeah, it would be amazing if you could take leave for just two days from work... And I promise I'll talk to your stubborn boss if you want... and I'll—" "Jungkook" you interrupted as if you were unsure you were calling him.

"Are you sure you want to take me there?" you asked, skepticism in your voice. "Why do you say that?" he inquired with his eyebrows furrowed. "What if... I'm not the right person?" you asked, shaking your head a bit. "You don't tell me if you are or not," He said, almost throwing a fit. One thing you had noticed in this guy was, that he was a composed man. Wonder what he would do when others would bad-bitch you? He only got offended whenever you spoke ill of yourself. 

And you loved it.

Your lips joined, not speaking a word. "I know it is right. I.... Want to do this, Y/N. I have this.... Sixth sense..." He completed. "Like the peter tingle?" you muttered stupidly in between. "NO, not the PETER TINGLE Y/N I –" He composed himself.

"Yeah, peter tingle. But we'll call it Jungkook tingle cause it's my tingle, ok? Jungkook tingle. So yeah, I've got this Jungkook tingle, that knows that you need to be there with me. It's my first time being nominated as a soloist in the GRAMMYs, baby. I can't do this without you" His eyes formed moons, looking at you with eyebrows furrowed a little bit, as if pleading to you like a puppy.

"But...." You said, looking down and then at him. "What will I wear?" You pouted.

And he grinned.

A/NThere will probably be a double update

A/N
There will probably be a double update.

And if you don't know what's peter tingle, please search it up. I ain't explaining. I expect the majority to know though.