Chapter 37

I roll over and almost fall off the couch. I catch myself and roll onto my side and look around the living room. At least ten other kids are passed out, sleeping on the floor or the other couch but I hear someone talking. More like two people talking.

It's Flash and Dean.

"I know he was here, King. A bunch of people told me so. I'm no idiot." Flash laughs and I freeze and keep listening but not daring to move. If they are talking about me, which they most likely are, it can't be good.

"I didn't see him and you know if I did I would've beat his ass." Dean laughs and I close my eyes trying to go back to sleep not caring what time it was or whatever Flash and Dean were talking about.

I don't know how long it is but when I wake up my head is pounding with a headache. I put my hands over my ears knowing the headache will be gone within the next hour or so thanks to my powers.

I look up and try to remember what happened last night as I try to go back to sleep. The faster I go to sleep the faster this headache will be gone.

I came to this party with Ned and he abandoned me. I didn't find him last night after he walked away from me but I assume that he's fine. I'll find him when I wake up later. After he left I had a drink or two and ran into Dean King. I had more drinks, Dean wanted to talk and I didn't want to listen. He told me he knew me and I told him he didn't and he kissed me.

Dean King kissed me.

I sit up and look around at the other bodies around the room. I don't recognize a few of them but when I go stand up someone catches my arm.

"Morning Parker." Dean grins, he's in a good mood as far as I can see. Probably still drunk. Usually I would've been annoyed by his grin but I cant help but blush and look down. Last night was nothing. I don't care that he kissed me, I don't. I look back up and take a step back. "You okay?"

"Yeah, fine. Last night meant nothing, okay?" I say and he gives me a confused look and I go on. "We were both drunk and that kiss, it meant nothing." I say looking around for my sweatshirt and I find it where I was sleeping.

"Peter..." He says from behind me and I shake my head. He's just trying to get into my head.

"I've gotta find Ned." I say and walk out of the room. As I go to walk away, I pat my pockets down and run my forehead. "Where's my phone?" I mumble to myself and sigh as I turn around to go back to the living room. "Do you know-?" I ask looking around the room.

Dean's no longer in the room and I try to think back and remember if he was actually in the room. I swear he was. I find my phone ringing right next to where I found my sweatshirt and look down at it. I'm not surprised that my phone, Dad's latest model of the Stark phone, is nearly half charged still. I look at the screen and check over the missed calls.

Missed Calls: 372

Dad (204)

Pops (65)

Ned (7)

Aunt Nat (72)

Clint (21)

Unknown Number (1)

Unknown Number (1)

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." I rub my face and start to panic. I know my phone was ringing last night before I ran into Dean but I never thought to check who it was. "Stupid." I remind myself and make my way downstairs from the third floor. "I'm so dead." I mumble to myself and hit the button to call Dad back right as I get outside. I don't have my suit, I need a taxi. I make my way out to the road following the path to get there.

"Peter Benjamin Rogers-Stark, where the hell have you been?" Dad yells into the phone and even though it's only- never mind. It's close to one in the afternoon and I try to sound innocent.

"I was out all night and I guess half of today." I say and hear him huff on the other side of the phone.

"Get home. Now." He says before he hangs up and I stare at my phone. If he actually cared he would be here.

As I wait for a car to drive by I decide to call Ned. The phone rings a few times and he answers laughing.

"Hey Peter." Ned says sounding smug and I already know he's about to make fun of me for something. "So where'd you go last night? Was the girl more prettier then me so you decided to leave me?" He laughs and I shake my head grinning. "Who'd you hook up with?"

"First off Ned, your not cute buddy. Second, your the one who left me. Also I didn't hook up with anyone." I laugh and Ned makes a noise.

"That's a lie right there." He says after a few seconds and I shake my head no even though he can't see me.

"What? No, it's not."

"Okay Peter..."

"Ned! For real, I didn't hook up with anyone."

"Yeah, yeah, okay. I better meet her sooner or later." He laughs making me laugh harder.

"There is no girl! Also I might not be able to hang out for a while..." I say and I hear him groan on the other side on the phone.

"Oh no."

"Yeah. I drank to much I think and I literally just woke up and am going home now."

"Dude. Your dads are going to literally murder you. What kind of flowers you want at your funeral?" He asks and I debate if I should hang up on him before he gets more stuff to make fun of me for.

"Not helpful. How am I going to tell them I was a party?" And how am I going to tell them a boy kissed me?

"Don't." Ned simply says and I pause. Would that be bad? I've done it before, not telling them stuff.... no bad. That's bad.

"Ned! I can't lie to them!" I say trying to sound confident but it coming out like me complaining.

"Okay then. You figure it out Peter. I don't know. I have to go now," Ned says laughing slightly before lowering his voice. "I'm with Betty, bye." He says quickly and my jaw drops.

"Wait! Hold on, what?" I laugh and he hangs up. So he's over here accusing me of hooking up with someone when he actually got with Betty. Not fair. I keep laughing as a taxi slows down as it drives by.

"Hey, need a ride?" The driver says and I nod my head knowing that he won't be able to understand me through my laughter.