Episode 63

Mia walks out of the bathroom and sees Logan standing at the end of the hall, starring out at the party. She walks up to him with a smile and speaks to him over the blaring music. "Hey! I was worried you weren't going to show."

He smirks and raises an eyebrow. "You were worried?" She rolls her eyes with a smirk and looks out at the party. "Scarlett sure does know how to throw a party." He observes before taking a sip of his drink.

She chuckles and nods. "Yeah." She turns to him with a smile. "Wanna dance?"

He nods and sets his plastic cup on a nearby table before taking her hand and following her to the middle of the makeshift dance floor.

~~~

Jake walks through Scarlett's front door and looks around the crowded living room in shock. "Oh, thank God!" Scarlett exclaims before rushing up to him and wrapping her arms around his waist. "Save me, please."

He looks back out at all the people then down at her with a smirk. "You know, the trick is to NOT invite the whole school."

She chuckles and swats him playfully on the arm. "I didn't! It's that bitch, Chelsea! She posted the party on facebook and the whole town showed up!"

His face suddenly turns serious and he looks down at her in worry. "Chelsea's here?"

Scarlett nods with a scowl and looks back at the party. "She's around here somewhere. I just hope she stays out of sight, her face gives me hives."

~~~

Taylor catches up with Joe and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Joe!"

He turns around and speaks to her with anger. "I can't believe you invited him! You know, your tolerance of him honestly disturbs me! I mean after what he did to you? How can you be so calm and accepting?"

She quickly speaks up, interrupting his rant. "Because he didn't matter! Not in that way. He was a friend, even when we were a couple, he always just felt like a friend." She moves closer to him and takes his hands, easing his scowl into a calm expression. "He's not the devil, you know." She adds with a smirk.

"You sure about that?"

She smiles and looks up at him with serious eyes. "I know you are just looking out for Dani and I am so amazed and in love with the fact that you care so much about your friend but...something tells me that Dani can take care of herself."

He nods and glances down at his feet. "Yeah, I know but that doesn't mean I can stop myself from caring about her."

She swallows the sadness rising in her throat and forces a small smile. "I know." She nods towards the dance floor. "How about we get some dancing in before the night's over?"

~~~

Dani's standing at the refreshment table, getting a drink when a strange guy from her chemistry class comes up to her. He was known as the school drunk and it showed too. He was always making stupid jokes and stumbling over himself, Dani was actually surprised he had made it this far in school.

Justin grabs a drink and shows a small smile towards her. "Hey, Dani."

She glances over at him with a small, forced smile.

"Happy birthday."

She glances at him again with another forced smile. "Thanks." She looks back at the dance floor, hoping he would get the hint and buzz off.

He looks down at the ground then back at Dani before taking a step closer to her. "So, uh, the big 1-8, huh? How does it feel to be legal?"

She shrugs and steps away from him. "No different than yesterday." She gives him a fake smirk and takes a sip of her drink, facing back to the party.