Chapter 51

"And then he died, can you believe that? I really liked him too." I laugh because I should've expected this to happen. Should've expected that someone was going to get hurt. I take another gulp of whatever drink that's in my hand as I hear the door open. "Go away." I looks up when I hear the door open but I don't turn around. "Friday your a traitor, tell them to go away." I say sensing that the whole team there.

"Oh, Peter," I hear Dad mumble and I don't turn around. Instead of leaving me alone they all file into my room and sit around me.

"Peter, are you ok?" Pop asks stupidly and I make a face.

"No," I start and ramble on about everything. I tell them about Aunt May's death, how she died when a robbery went wrong, I tell them about Dean and Flash and everything. I spill my guts to them and see their expressions change as I talk.

After an hour I start feeling worse, the alcohol clearly dialing up my emotions and sensitivity to the light and sound. Dad walks over and wraps his arms around me making me feel a little bit better but I push him away. He looks hurt but it's better for everyone.

"Don't touch me." I mumble and look down at the ground so they can't see my face. I can still feel the very noticeable energy in the room.

"Peter," Pops starts and I stand up, shaking as I do so. "Where are you going?" He asks but I ignore him. I'm not doing this right now. I'll find an office in a lower level of the compound and sleep there for now. I don't want them to be around me. I don't want to hurt them.

I shuffle down the halls and don't look back until I reach the elevator. I see them staring at me, clearly they all had the same thing on their minds.

"Leave me alone." I growl and press the button to go downstairs. I walk around and eventually find an office that is just that, an office. It has no decorations, no pictures, just a computer, desk and spinning chair. I hug myself because it's chilly in here before walking over to the mini thermostat and turning the heat up a little and then go and fall asleep in the chair.

I wake up to my head pounding. I stand up and stretch and do a loop around the room. I'm not leaving here today. It's safer if I'm away from them. Luckily I picked a office with a bathroom off to the side. This must've been one of the newest offices Dad added in while he was trying to expand the compound for Sheild.

I walk into the bathroom and mess with my hair a bit. After a couple of minutes I walk out and make a face when I see there are people walking around in the hallway already. I lock the glass door and lean against the desk as people walk past.

I see people look at me and I pull my phone out of my pocket when I feel it go off. It's Wade again. He keeps texting me which was nice but now I'm not in the mood. I put it above me into the desk as I hear someone knock on the glass.

I look up to see a girl about my age standing there but she's in a Sheild uniform. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, she's probably just an intern or something. She cocks her head to the side and I stand up deciding to let her in. It would be nice to talk to someone I guess.

She steps past me and fixes her glasses. She's short and when I sit back down where I was before she sits across from me.

"Hello, I'm Kalie." She shoots me a smile which looks good on her. She leans against the wall that's under the glass windows, most likely because she didn't want to be caught talking to me.

"Peter." I nod and she smiles again. She seems to already know that and is scanning our surrounding as if she's looking for some kind of clue.

"Nice to meet you Peter." She says after a minute, giving up on her search. "Your not doing training right?" She asks and then mumbles something under her breath along the lines of, "Some of these authors are really weird with their story lines."

"What?" I scrunch up my face and question her.

"Nothing. Sheild training?" She asks again and I shake my head no.

"No,"

"Oh, well." She says, not sounding like it really bothers her, and her eyes light up "You good, my guy?"

"Eh," I shrug. I don't feel like telling my life story to this stranger. After a minute of silence she shrugs it off but I feel like she knows.

"Watch anime?" She asks out of the blue and I can tell she's really into anime just by the way she asks.

"Sometimes." I say dragging out the word. Truth is I watch anime when I'm not watching Star Wars or doing Spiderman stuff.

"Gimme your number, I'll send you some good ones." She demands and I nod because she seems like she would be the person to go onto an illegal website just to get anime.

"Oh, cool yeah thanks." I smile a little at my new strange friend.

"Anytime, Peter." She says and the light in her eyes as she looks at me as if she knows something I don't. "Well I've gotta get back to work. Miss Romanoff is probably looking for me." She says hopping up onto her feet.

"Yeah, see you around." I say scrolling through my phone. She stops at the door and I guess she's thinking.

"Oh and Peter?" She looks over her shoulder and I look up at her. "You should forgive them and answer the texts your getting. Also say hi to the readers. Guys this is the part when he's about to forgive everyone, just wait and you'll see."

"Huh?" I cock my head to the side and her eyes are shining again. Honestly she has the energy to either scare someone off or bring someone into her crazy fun and epic world.

"Nothing." She grins. "Bye Peter. Text me whenever." She says and I stumble onto my feet as she walks away. When I reach the window she's already gone and I think I might be going crazy. I'll have to ask Nat about her. Maybe being by myself isn't such a great idea if stuff like this is going to happen.