Chapter 54

"Oh, I'm sorry." Wade says and I don't look up from the ground. We are walking through the park, it's already dark out so no one else is around us. I had just finished telling him about what happened to Dean and about how earlier today I let someone die in front of me. "It's not your fault, you can't stop people from doing that kind of stuff." He says and our steps echo off the pavement and into the darkness.

"I don't know, I still feel like it is my fault." I shrug and he stops walking. I look up at him to see that his eyes are locked on me already. "And it's not like I can talk to my parents about this kind of stuff." I sigh and he nods.

"Yeah it's gotta be hard being the son of those two." He says with a smirk and I roll my eyes jokingly. "Then again what do I know!" He says throwing his hands up and making me laugh.

"Literally stop talking." I say, still laughing and we keep walking on the path.

"Well, I'm going to keep talking." He shoots back almost automatically and I shake my head.

"Of course you are." I say looking my phone. It's almost ten. I look back up at Wade and grin. "Since when does Wade Wilson not talk?" I say exaggerating his name.

"Never." He says with a completely straight face then his eyes light up like he just thought of something. "Guess what."

"What?" I ask and he makes a face.

"No, guess." He says and I shake my head.

"I'm not guessing." I laugh and he frowns.

"C'mon guess." He nags and I roll my eyes jokingly.

"Wade!" I say his name and push him away from me.

"Peter!" He says back and walks closer to me.

"Oh my god." I laugh and shake my head trying to get away from him. "I don't know!" I say and he pouts coming back towards me.

"One guess!" He pouts and I give in.

"Fine, fine." I say and look around. We have reached the street with shops on it, meaning that we have walked from one side of the park to the other with each other. "Your going to buy tacos?" I say when I see the taco shop's glowing signs.

"Well no and yes." He laughs and I look up at him before we start walking down the street towards the shop. Should've expected that.

"Huh?" I ask as he rushes across the street. "Wade! Your going to get hit by traffic one day!" I shout and he sticks his tongue out at me from across the street.

"Yes I'm going to buy tacos, obviously." He shouts back and I laugh before crossing as well. "But no." He says when I join his side again.

"What do you mean no?" I ask laughing as we walk into the brightly lit taco shop.

"I mean no," He says with a shrug as we walk up to the counter. "I got my own place here in New York." He says and my eyes widen. Not what I expected. He smirks at me then starts to place an order. "Whatcha want?" He asks and I give him a look because he's just gonna act like he didn't just say he moved to New York.

"For real?" I ask and he nods.

"Uh yeah, what kind of tacos you want?" He asks looking up at the menu.

"Not what I meant!" I say and punch him in the arm lightly.

"I know I know." He says with a grin covering his lips.

"So you really moved to New York?" I ask my mouth agape.

"Yep! And I got into this school," He says and his eyes travel to me. "Its's called like Midtown School of Science and Technology." He says with a smirk on his face.

"Your kidding." I say crossing my arms as Wade takes a bag from the woman behind the counter. I grab our drinks and look over at him.

"Nope!" He says and scans the room, trying to find the 'perfect seat'. "Who knew I was super smart?" He says looking extremely proud of himself.

"Dude! I go to Midtown!" I say and walk over to a booth because he's taking forever to pick one.

"Wow, that means we are both super smart." He says with a smirk on his face. I slide into one side and he sits on the other side.

"Whatever you say." I hum and his jaw drops.

"Ow, that hurt my feelings." He says looking offended and hugs the bag with tacos to his chest.

"Gimme my tacos." I demand and he smiles before shaking his head no.

"Take it back." He says and I roll my eyes laughing lightly. I look up and see that he's completely serious about me taking it back or I'm not getting my food.

"Wade!" I say with a smile on my face as I try to reach out and grab the bag.

"I paid for it!" He says and leans back in his seat so I don't even have a chance to grab the bag. "And I could eat them all by myself, don't test me!" He says and looks into the bag.

"I know you could, give me the food!" I laugh because he's sent me pictures of all the food he has eaten. He can eat an abnormally large amount of food and I find it absolutely hilarious.

"Take it back." He says again and I pout sitting back in my chair and crossing my arms again.

"This is bullying." I state trying to hide a smile.

"Mhm," He openly agrees and I roll my eyes.

"Fine, we are both so smart." I say and he laughs.

"Thank you." He says and puts the bag down on the table letting the contents spill out. I laugh as he digs in and I pick one up. He makes me happy and like I can forget about everything. He listens too.

Maybe I can survive Dean's death with his help.

It's really nice to have a friend like him.

-52 -49 -47 -39 -40 -40 -39 -40 -47 -35