Chapter 55

"Pete, Pete, Peter." I hear Wade calling out my name repeatedly and I look up from my work. We have been in the library for a few hours now and Wade keeps getting more and more antsy. I laugh as he gets a dirty look from someone as they walk past. Wade makes a face back at them as he sits down across from me and I kick him lightly under the table. "What are you working on again?" He asks for maybe the third time in the last hour and I turn my laptop so he can see the physics work I'm almost done.

"I'm almost done," I tell him and he nods. I am so confused on why he doesn't have to do any work but don't ask any questions. He pulls out his phone and scrolls through a bit and a minute later I feel my phone buzz. I don't even look down at it because I know Wade has sent me some memes because he is smiling innocently. "Want to get food after?" I suggest and his eyes light up.

"I thought you would never ask." He says like he's in heaven and I laugh lightly. Wade grins and sits down across from me, dragging my books away from me.

"Give me like twenty minutes." I say and take my books back making him pout.

"So long," He whines as people walk past us. I pass him my headphones from out of my bag and hope that he can be quiet so we stop getting looks even though I find it somewhat funny.

"You will survive." I laugh quietly and he picks up my headphones, hooking the up to his phone.

"You don't know that." He pouts but turns on some music I can faintly hear because the headphones are around his neck.

"But I do." I smile and look back to my work. He huffs and put the headphones on, before going back to his phone and sending me memes.

Thirty minutes later we are outside of a Wendy's with a bag of whatever food we wanted. Since I made up with Dad and Pops, things at home have been going good. I think the whole family is happy that I am happy and getting back to myself. Wade and I have been hanging out almost everyday except for when I'm with Ned but we mainly hang out at school. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again and everything is going good. Even Flash hasn't been being so annoying lately which I find odd but I'm fine with it.

"How come I feel like we are always eating food?" I ask and eat a fry before offering them to Wade.

"Because food is my best friend." Wade says with a big grin on his face. He takes the fries and starts to eat them when I reach over and take one.

"What about me?" I gasp, acting offended and he looks at me for a second then shrugs.

"Eh," Wade says and looks back to the food. "You're a close second." He says and my jaw drops. I grin and pick up the bag.

"I'm taking my food then." I say hugging the bag of warm food close to my chest.

"Wait no," Wade pouts and I shoot up off my spot on the curb, making my way toward the park, not letting go of the bag. "Peter I take it back." He says and starts to follow me. A smile appears on his lips and I laugh spinning on my heels and rushing off with him right behind me. We run for a little bit through the park and as I look over my shoulder at Wade I crash into someone.

"Dude," I hear the guy say and recognize his voice immediately. "Watch where you are going." He says and turns around to see me.

"Flash." I say his name as he looks me up and down. We haven't had much interaction since Dean's death because we were both at the funeral and we mainly avoid each other at school now so this is really the first time we've seen each other in a while.

"Parker." Flash says his eyes landing in the bag in my hands confusedly.

"Wilson!" I hear Wade shout as he joins our side, scaring some the pigeons around us. I give him a nudge and he shrugs unapologetically.

"Who's he?" Flash asks sounding amused as he seems to size Wade up. I look over to Wade who's doing the same. "Boyfriend?" He asks, much more amusement in his voice then before.

"Yep." Wade says without hesitation, not even giving me time to say anything.

"What?" I look up at Wade but he doesn't take his eyes off of Flash. "No-" I start to explain, my face turning red but Wade cuts me off again.

"Have a problem with that?" Wade asks, getting closer to Flash and Flash takes a step back. Flash looks from him to me and then to the opening in the trees.

"See you at school Parker." Flash simply says before turning around and then leaving the two of us. Wade turns towards me with a proud smile on his face, like he just won a prize at a fair or something.

"Thank you," I pat him but hold the bag close to me still as Wade eyes it. "But I'm keeping the food." I grin and his jaw drops.

"I just saved you though!" He tells me and I shake my head no.

"You said food was your best friend." I reason and he pouts some more making me laugh.

"I took it back." Wade reasons and I shrug innocently. I look into the bag and the smell of the food is really good, almost good to the point I legitimately think about keeping the food to myself.

"Mine." I grin greedily and start to walk away. At first I think he's not going to follow but then I hear footsteps following me. I feel him right behind me and make my way to the car where Happy is waiting to take both of us back to the compound so we can hang out there.