Chapter 36: {Melanie}

|It's always a pleasure to meet new people.|

Nina's pov:

Time went by really fast. Before knowing it, it was already Monday. I woke up early and check my bags again. I made sure to make a list of things that I needed to bring and check it before zipping bags.

I went to take a shower and dressed up. It was really hot outside. The sun was shining brightly. I received a text from Adrian saying that he will be here in 30 minutes. I quickly walked to the bathroom and shower.

I walked out and nearly screamed when a figure suddenly appeared in front of me

"Good morning," Adrian said amused.

"You scared me," I said making him chuckled.

"Sorry, I texted you but you didn't reply so I came to see you. Your mom opened the door and told me to tell you to be careful and that she left some cash foe you near the oven." Adrian said and I nodded.

"She already left for work?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, and by the way, you looked beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"Thank you," I said.

He leaned and kissed me. It was slow and soft. He let his hand roam around my waist. We pulled away when his phone started to ring.

"Hello... yeah.. we are on our way... I know.... don't worry... I'll meet you there.. yeah.. ok." He hangs up and sighed.

"It was Colton. They already left and they are waiting for us near a restaurant. We will have breakfast and then we will leave." Adrian said and I nodded.

He helped me with my bags and I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed the money mom left and put it in my small bag. I locked the front door and walked to Adrian's car.

----

We reached the restaurant Colton told us and we walked inside. I instantly noticed Eva and Amy. The boys were in front of them and their back was facing us.

"Hello," I said as I sat beside Eva.

"Where is Colton?" Adrian asked.

"Went to pick up his girl. He will be here soon." Landon replied.

"He told us to order breakfast so that we don't get late to leave," Blake added and we nodded.

Adrian ordered for both himself and I while I talked to the girls. I heard the guy talking to him and I couldn't help but hear some of their conversations.

"How do you know she will like that?" Landon asked when the waiter went back.

"She must have told him." Blake shrugged.

"No, she didn't. She is talking with Eva." Landon added.

"I know what she likes and dislikes so it wasn't hard for me to order for her," Adrian replied.

"You're whipped." Blake deadpanned.

"Whatever you said." Adrian shrugged.

"He's here," Amy said looking at the door. I looked and saw Colton with a girl. She looked pretty. She was wearing a floral dress.

"Hi guys, meet my friend Melanie," Colton said and the girl smiled at us.

"Hi," we all greeted her.

"So these four are my best friend Adrian, Landon and Blake." Colton introduced the guys.

"And she is my cousin Nina and these two are her best friend Amy and Eva." He then introduced us.

"And these two are dating," Eva said pointing at Adrian and me.

"Oh, I know. Colton talks a lot about you." She said.

"Good things I hope," Blake said and she chuckled.

"I don't think I should reply to that." She said making us chuckled while Blake glared at Colton.

"Anyway, join us. We already ordered breakfast." I said and she nodded. She sat beside me and Colton sat in front of her.

We started to talk and it really went on good. We talked like we were old friends and I hope she feels comfortable to talk to us now.

We had our breakfast and we didn't notice the time. When we left it was already 11 o'clock and we had 7 hours of drive.

"Ok, so we will stop at a gas station to fill in after a few hours since it's a long way to the camp," Landon said and we nodded.

We walked to our car and settle down.

"Let me drive. You can rest." I said and Adrian nodded.

"I'll take over after we stopped by the gas station." He said and I agreed. I follow Landon since I didn't know the way to the camp.

------

After 5 hours we finally stopped at the gas station. We would have reached two hours ago but the traffic made us late. We all stepped down and I was surprised to see that Amy was driving Landon's car. Guess they switched like Adrian and me.

The guys went to fill the gas while the girls and I went inside the store. We bought some snacks and some drinks.

"We are going to reach the camp late," Amy said.

"Yeah, the traffic was horrible. I can barely feel my butt." Melanie added.

"Me too," Eva said.

We paid and walked out toward the guys. We gave them their snack and their drinks. We went back in the car and this time the boys drove.

This time, there was no traffic. The sun already set down and we were almost there. Landon stopped his car and Adrian stopped too, making the others stopped.

Landon walked out of the car and I saw Amy stepped out. Both Adrian and I unbuckled and stepped out. We walked to them and frowned when we saw that the road was blocked.

"What happened?" Colton asked walking to us with Melanie. Blake and Eva joined too.

"The road is closed. We can't do ahead." Landon said and we sighed.

"It's still at 7 o'clock. How can it be close so early?" Blake asked.

"Look there is a sign behind the ropes," Melanie said pointing at the sign which was hidden by the leaves of the trees. We walked closer to it and Amy used her phone flashlight to read it.

"Close at 6:30 pm due to dangerous activities at night and open at 6:30 am." Amy reads.

"Does that mean that someone comes here every day to open and close this road?" Landon asked and we shrugged.

"Seems like it. What do we do now? We can't stay here." I said.

"There is a town closer from here. We can spend the night there and come back tomorrow."

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
:)
LovelyShifah