Part 14: The Unlucky One

I couldn't sleep that night at all even though I was exhausted. I keep checking my phone for the time and decided 5:00 a.m. was a good time to finally wake up. Namjoon is on his back, his default position when he is soundly asleep. I tiptoe out of the room and make my way downstairs to the kitchen. I make some coffee and after it starts to kick in, I decide to look through the pantry shelves to see what I can make for breakfast. I gather enough ingredients to improvise French toast and get to work immediately.

"What are you doing?" Namjoon says making me jump.

"Jeez, you scared me," I say turning to face him.

"Sorry!" He smiles and kisses the top of my head.

"I'm making French toast and omelets. I hope everyone likes that." I smile brightly.

"Yeah, we like that," He says taking a water bottle from the fridge. "Want me to help?"

"Sure, can you chop this?" I say pushing a cutting table and an onion toward him.

Namjoon gives me a puzzled look.

"It's for the omelets," I chuckle.

"What's going on here?" Yoongi says coming into the kitchen, Hoseok right behind him.

"We're cooking breakfast," I say.

"Elle is cooking, I'm just helping," Namjoon says.

"You helping in the kitchen? I need to take a picture of this," Hoseok says grabbing his phone and Namjoon poses with the onions. 

"He's not that bad," I say. "He just needed a bit of training." I mean Namjoon is too clumsy to be left alone in the kitchen but at least I was able to teach him how to properly cut some vegetables. 

"At least someone has faith in me! Thank you, baby," Namjoon smiles and gives me a peck on the lips. 

"Love has really messed up your judgment sweetheart," Jin says sending everyone into laughter.

Yoongi goes to wake up the rest of the boys while Jin and Hoseok help us set up the table.

"That smells great, Noona," Taehyung says sitting down.

"American breakfast, niiice!" Jungkook says fluffing out his hair.

One by one we all sit down and I watch proudly as they devour everything from the French toast to the omelets and hash.

"This is delicious," Jimin says with his mouth full. "Namjoon if I were you, I'd marry her."

Namjoon looks at me all smiley and I can't help but smile back. I feel the weight of the necklace around my neck and I start to blush.

"Wow, what was that?" Tae says putting down his fork as theatrically as possible.

"I don't know what you're talking about Taehyung," Namjoon says stuffing his face with French toast.

"I have big eyes for a reason, haven't I told you that?" He says, "Let me see your hands, Eleanor."

I put down my fork, put my palms up, and wiggle my fingers. I look at Namjoon and I wonder if he's not really going to tell them. He leans back in his chair and looks at Tae.

"Okay, fine. That's the plan. I have to go to the military first but yes, I asked Eleanor to wait for me."

Tae claps pleased with himself while everyone shifts their gaze toward me.

"Isn't it too soon though?" Asks Yoongi the much-dreaded question. 

The silence quickly fills the rooms and the boys look at their plate as if they had been caught in the middle of an awkward parent fight.