➥21

Seyeon parked the car as she pulled up to the location and her eyes swept over the old-run down warehouse

She glanced down at the text and back to the dark building in front of her and with a gut wrenching feeling, she slid out of the car.
Her footsteps were the only sound around her, aside from the wooshing of the cold harsh air. The darkness loomed over her figure, making her bring her arms around her figure for warmth.

Where are you?
She texted Mark, jittery as she waited for a reply outside of the worn out building. She waited and waited impatiently, alone in an unfamiliar space.

Seyeon began dialling Mark's number on her phone, bringing it up to her ear. She tapped her foot on the ground as she waited for him to pick up.
But that wasn't what she heard, instead she heard the indistinct sound of a phone ringing.

Her eyes snapped up to the front door of the warehouse and back at her phone.
"Mark?" She muttered out, confused as to why he hadn't replied if he was inside.

Seyeon scanned around her, no traces of Mark's car at all but she still began walking towards the dim warehouse.
"Mark-ah?" She spoke softly, pushing the door open. The creaking making her cringe.

"Mark?" She said a bit louder, dialling his number once again.
The phone began ringing once more and Seyeon followed the sound precariously.

"Hello..? Mark?-"

"Looking for this?" A voice whispered lowly into her ear, hanging the phone over her head in front of her face.

Seyeon froze, the unfamiliar voice sending chills down her back. With great reluctancy, she turned around slowly- gulping the lump in her throat.

The man was unrecognisable, a mask covering his face and a cap concealing his eyes.
"Wh-who are you?"

The man chuckled deeply, the sound ringing in her ears as she began taking steps away from him but he began walking towards her.

"What's the rush?" He said, tilting his head and Seyeon's eyes widened as she caught the glimmer of the shiny object in his hand.
"Where's Mark?" She spoke, gripping onto her phone tightly, her voice wavering slightly.

"Hm..." The man hummed, stopping inches away from her.
Seyeon's chest fell increasingly faster as the tension grew.
"Why don't you find out-" he growled, lifting the knife up but Seyeon's reflexes kicked in, kneeing him and sprinting off, throwing obstacles in his way.

She panted as she drove herself forward, sprinting off, weaving through the walls in hopes of loosing him.

Seyeon's hands shook as she crouched in a corner, her thumb hovering over the contact in her phone- waiting to see if the man was around her.
With no sign he was there, she began to call the first person she thought of.

"What do you wan-"
"H-help me." She whispered out, shaking as tears formed.

The line was silent for a second and Seyeon squeezed her eyes closed tighter as her heart thumped in her chest. She was in the same building as the murder.

"Where are you?"