17 | blood of my blood

| meliorism |
chapter seventeen
let the right one in ❞

| meliorism |chapter seventeen ❝ let the right one in ❞

  ҉  ҉  ҉

   Rhena's head was pounding. It felt like someone had hit her over and over again, leaving the echo resonate in each corner. She tried to ignore it, or at least not pay attention to it, but each time she did that, she was hit by a more aggressive and harsher pulsing.

    As if the pain was not enough, she had been getting snapshots of memories. Some were of her childhood, others more recent. But the thing was that she didn't remember living them. It was like she was watching a movie of her life go though her own eyes in someone else's position.

    Rhena's eyes were fixated on the meds that were laying in her bed, taunting her. Although she had to take only one because it was a new prescription, she decided to take two, maybe that could help her.

    She released a shaky breath and took them. Without thinking again, she swallowed them and got water quickly. Her gut was telling her to throw them back out, but she knew that it was for the best.

    There was a knock on her door that made her freeze, for some reason, her mind immediately thought of danger. But she was in her home, she was safe. Everything was okay.

"Come in" she called out steadily. She thought her voice had not been loud enough, but the door opened, reveling Jax.

He entered the room like it was a foreign place, and perhaps it was. He never went into her room and she was just the same.

"Hey" he greeted quietly, pursing his lips. She noticed that he was holding a small purple bag, but decided it to focus on that and look at him instead.

"Hey" she quietly, and once he approached her bed, he looked at her, silently asking for permission to sit down. She nodded once and looked done, feeling the weight make the bed shift.

"I uhm" he cleared his throat, rubbing his neck as he tried to let out the right words. Neither looked at each other "I know I'm not the best one to go to...I'm not as clever in situations like Cade or as open as Asher but, I just wanted to tell you that if ever need to talk or something, I'm here"

Rhena pursed her lips tight, nodding slowly. It meant a lot to her that he was saying that, because it took a lot of courage to do it. It was brave to reach out for help as well as give it.

"I'm not good at consoling either" he chuckled humorously, taking out the content of the bag "but I got you a little something"