Thirteen

The sun was lightening with it's glory early morning, the birds were chirping and shuttle sound leaves could be heard. Bianca was enjoying the comfort in the softest mattress she had ever slept in her lifetime and warm inside the cozy blanket.

She smiled in the satisfaction of warmth but little did she realized she was not in her bed. The surrounding was unfamiliar and she was not in her dress she wore yesterday. She facepalmed herself for her foolishness and not taking care of herself. Now she didn't even know where she was.

"Why can't I ever have a normal day?" She muttered and stood from the bed in search of any human trace.

When she was out of the big magnificent room, she was greeted by the smell of burnt. As she followed the smell, she found a well-build figure behind the gas stove struggling with frying pan and spatula.

"You will burn yourself." Bianca ran and took the frying pan and dumped in the sink.

She turned around she saw a disappointed Alessandro in front of her.

"I just wanted to make breakfast," Alessandro muttered.

"And I guess you had never made one," Bianca replied to which Alessandro nodded.

Bianca walked toward him and took his burnt hand in hers. "Where is the first-aid kit?" She asked and Alessandro showed him the cabinet.

"Sit down." She gestured him toward the nearest chair and applied some ointment on his burns.

Hearing his hiss, she blew some air on it and wrapped his hand with a bandage. "Here." She said after she was done with it.

"Th-Thank you." Alessandro stammered while whispering. It was foreign for him to thank anyone. He had never given any reason to be indebted to other's mercy but Bianca had her ways to debt people.

She just nodded and moved toward the fridge and took out some ingredients. She moved magically in his kitchen like she had been using the kitchen for decades. In less than half an hour she prepared some pancakes, veggies, coffee, and salad.

When she finished plating the final dish she rose her head making eye contact with Alessandro. Just then she realized he had been watching her every move. Her face grew cherry red giving a natural glow to her skin.

"Breakfast is ready," She mumbled.

"Thanks." Alessandro thanked again and this time it was loud and clear. He had to get used to thanking her.

Just then she asked, "Where is my dress and purse?" She asked politely.

"Up in the room you slept," Alessandro replied.

"Thank you." She thanked and made her way to exit.

"Where are you going?" Alessandro demanded.

"Work," Bianca replied.

"Eat first," Alessandro ordered but Bianca shook her head.

"I will take mine in hospital," Bianca answered.

"Stubborn girl," Alessandro muttered and dragged her to the dining chair. He sat next to her and cut the pancakes and brought it to her mouth. "Open your mouth." He ordered again and Bianca did accordingly in the fear.

"You have grown so thin that your bones are showing, I want you to eat properly, yesterday even the doctor said you were malnourished." Alessandro scolded.

"Doctor?" She asked in amusement.

"Yes, those bruises on your waist were getting worse and dehydrated," Alessandro answered.

"Thank you." She thanked him. Even though he did not have to she thought.

"Get ready for the work now and not the dress you wore last night, it is too revealing, there is a dress I had ordered this morning in your bathroom, wear it. I will take you to your work." Alessandro informed making Bianca dumbfounded.

Who would have thought Alessandro Romano would take Bianca Donato to the same hospital he had thrown her away a few months ago? Was it coincidence or destined?