Chapter 1

"Dad what are you doing?" Lauren screamed as her father started packing all her clothes into a suitcase. He grabbed her hand holding it tightly, running down the stairs dragging a crying Lauren along with him.

The green eyed girl tried breaking free of his grasp but her father held her hand even tighter. He picked her up and sat her down in the passenger seat of his car, jumping into the drivers seat, he sped off into the night.

Lauren looked out the window to see their home getting smaller and smaller in the distance. The scared little girl was so confused as to why her father was acting so abrupt and violently. One thing she was sure of, things were about to change.

---------------------------------------------
13 years later

Narrators P.O.V

(Cabello household/mansion)

Excitement filled the Cabello household as today was the day, as per tradition Camila Cabello's husband would be selected. Her father, Alejandro Cabello held a ball for all their friends and family to meet the boy and his family. The cuban girl was so anxious as to what the suitor would look like. Unfortunately Camila knew she had no say as her father made the decision. Alejandro being the most influential man in Miami. To most he was seen and described as  very gentle and true to his word.

Camila was taken by her mother, Sinu, to get ready for the ball, she had to uphold the Cabello's reputation.

"Mija, today you have to give up those bows and sneakers and dress like a proper woman." instructed Sinu.

"But I love my sneakers." insisted Camila.

"No, these heels will be perfect." stated the older woman, presenting a pair of red bottom heels.

"Fine, just for today but if I fall that's on you mom."giggled the cuban girl.

Sinu laughed at Camila's childish behavior, it was what made her different.

"Now hurry up and let's get you dressed."

(Mendes household)

Alejandro, and his men and arrived at the boys home, with many priceless gifts. He had planned to marry Camila into a rich household in order to gain more power. The Mendes family were the second most influential family after the Cabello's.

The Mendes family felt honored to be selected by Alejandro. The boy was questioned by Alejandro, who had already many years ago chosen him for his daughter, as he was a well-spoken and well-mannered boy. They all then proceeded back to the Cabello's mansion for the ball to commence.

(Cabello household)
After some time Camila was dressed in a crimson red body fitting that shaped her curvy body perfectly. She was then escorted by her younger sister, Sofi, towards the massive balcony looking over the ball room.

The nervous girl looked down into the crowd and she saw her suitor, he was handsome wearing a black suit through which his very well-built body was easily visible, then his eyes met hers, they were brown, almost hazel and looked so gentle. He was attractive to say the least and Camila was somewhat impressed by her father's choice.

Camila's P.O.V

He caught me looking at him, I hope I don't come across as weird. I just wanted to see his appearance, he is extremely hot but I don't know something seems off. Maybe I just need to get to know him better...right?

"Father is calling us, we have to go down." said Sofi.

"Okay lets go" I responded and began walking down the stairs. I began sweating nervously and I think Sofi noticed as she took my hand and gave me a reassuring squeeze. We walked down the staircase and into the crowded room. I could see my dad and the boy,  walked up to them, my eyes met with his again, he was even more good-looking up close.