xxix // get loud

The two trainers battle with all their strength, going harder than they have ever battled before. Soon, Meowstic faints at the hands of Ash's final Pokémon, Pikachu. This leaves Hannah to look to her shoulder to ask her final Pokémon to battle.

Weavile immediately complies and jumps onto the field, excited to finally battle the slightly tired Pikachu.

It's the starter versus starter battle the two trainers and their companions have been waiting for.

"If you're just joining us now, both Ash and Hannah are on their last Pokémon, with them both coincidentally being their starter Pokémon. This is going to be a battle of not only the Pokémon but the trainers as they are both quickly becoming mentally exhausted, using so much mental power to continue battling."

Ash and Hannah look at each other with fierceness within their eyes, their Pokémon doing the same, 'you're going down!' is the thought flowing through both trainer's minds.

However, after a fierce battle, only one can win.

And one Pokémon falling to the ground, unable to recover ends the battle.

"Pikachu is unable to battle, Weavile wins! Therefore the match goes to Hannah Abernathy from Snowpoint City!" 

The crowd roars in excitement, streamers fall from the ceiling and confetti cannons go off, but the only thing Hannah sees is Weavile, barely standing, but wearing a big grin on her face.

Hannah immediately runs up to her and hugs her tightly, so proud of her Pokémon.

"You're so amazing, we did it," Hannah mumbles into her fur. Weavile gives a signature cry in happiness.

Hannah stands up with Weavile in her arms and looks over to Ash cradling Pikachu gently, no sadness is on his face, rather pride.

'We could never have won this battle against her, we're simply not strong enough yet,' Ash thinks, looking at Pikachu's fainted figure, 'I knew we wouldn't win the tournament the moment I saw her use her first Pokémon, I just hope that we are a formidable opponent.'

While Ash was thinking, he didn't notice Hannah walking over to his kneeling form, Weavile now in her Pokéball.

She kneels before him and Pikachu and gently strokes the fainted Pokémon's head. Ash looks up to meet her eyes, where they show elation.

Then Hannah, to Ash's shock, leans forward and hugs him tightly, a sign of good sportsmanship. Ash overcomes his shock and envelops her form with his arms as well.

They break apart and smile at each other, both looking to the monitor to show the two of them.

"What an amazing battle," Sir Micheal begins, half of the screen showing him and the other showing the two trainers.

"I couldn't tell who would win that one, both of you are amazing trainers. However, only one can be considered the champion."

Hannah is then separated from Ash and brought up to a slightly elevated platform where Sir Michael is situated and a crown is seen in the middle of both of them.

The screen now only shows Hannah and Sir Michael as he grabs the crown and continues speaking, "Hannah Abernathy of Snowpoint City, it is my great honour and pleasure to crown you this year's Pokémon cha-"

However, he is cut off by vines penetrating through the ground at an alarming rate.

The vines are thick and powerful, with them being majority black with vibrant red running through them. They have a mind of their own as they are swinging at the ground they just came from, destroying the stadium and all around it.