CHAPTER 13:

"Shhh Bubba." I rocked him as he took his pacifier in. He was an easy baby compared to Lily. Olly on the other hand was just like Bubba.

He would be silent and would only lightly cry when he needed his essential; food, diaper change, etc. Lily was a whole different story. She would scream to high heaven for no reason at all. She would laugh like a maniac, and when she would try to talk, and she was as loud as a police siren.

She would talk all day if her little voice box could pull through. As soon as she learned what her mouth was, and what it could accomplish, it was the end of my quiet days, when she was done with her talking faze, it was Olly's turn and he never stopped.

I hope Bubba's not like that. "stay quiet forever, ok Lorenzo, mommy's serious, stay my quiet adorable Bubba forever, and ever." When I was finished was my short lived speech he was knocked out in my arms.

After I put him in his crib,  i couldn't hold it any longer. The pain Keegan had put me through was unbearable. It wasn't worth breaking out in front of Olly and Lily when they got here, and especially with Damian dropping them off. I never thought I would say that about my children. I call Kinley to come over and wait for her to come over as I silently cry making sure not to wake up Bubba. sitting on my couch helps a little. Being home makes you feel like your not totally helpless.

I have beautiful healthy children, a great job, my sister, and everything  I need. I will stop crying because there's nothing to cry about. It was a great day, my baby won his football game, Lily got to finally hang out at a normal child's party and not with Callie solving the unsolvable, and Bubba had a good report from Callie, who also wants to adopt finally after one day with Bubba. My life is full and whole.

I don't need to cry over a man who didn't think i was enough.

As I wiped my eyes, and breathed properly, the doorbell rang.

Holy crap. Please don't be the kids and Damian, please be Kinley even if I just called her five minutes ago. I get up and walk to the door praying for a one person package signed, best friend.

As I make it to the door, I come up with a halfway smart idea just in case it's not Kinley. I run back into my room and grab a pair of sunglasses and run back. as I open the door, i get a...

"Hi mommy." Olly yells shoving lily a little running in the house, "Hey!" She yelled back running after him.

"if you wake Enzo up, your both in trouble little monsters." I smiled at them as they stopped and walked to Olly's room and shut the door.

"I hope they were good," I said turning back around to look at dam, "They're both not always that crazy, just Olly."

"Why do you have on glasses, have you been crying." It's truth time.

"Umm, yeah but umm Kinleys coming to help me-"

"Let me help you Dia." He said coming up to cup my face in his warm hands.

"Damian I don't have it in me to fight with you ok"

"Then don't fight, I'm sorry baby I'm sorry, take me back please, I was waiting for you to break up with him." As I removed his hands from my face I walk into my living room trying to wipe the on coming tears away.

"No Dam no, I won't be subjected to your type of love again, if only you knew the pain you caused me when you broke my heart, I could've lost them." I stopped because I realized I was shaking. My hands and legs not rattling but slightly unbalanced.

"Listen I am so sorry, I didn't know," He said walking to me and grabbing me into a hug, "Just give me a chance, please, I promise you Won't regret it."

"Who told you I cheated on you."

"What." He let the hug go, now we're getting somewhere.

"You heard me," I said, "Don't play dumb."

"Dia, it doesn't matter now."

"Here let's make a deal," I said wiping my eyes and straighten up, " I'll give you one more chance if you tell me who told you that I cheated on you and stole a million dollars."

"Dia-"

"Damian."

"It was umm... my mother."

"Are you serious."

"Yes but listen before you go off."

"Oh, I'm all ears."

He walks passed me and sits on the tan love seat. I come over and sit on the big couch crossing my legs looking at him. He fiddled with his fingers and looked down avoiding my glare.

"All she was doing was trying to protect me, tell me that I never love you and that was why you decide to get another man." he whispered still not make eye contact with me.

"Your lying Damian, you were in love with me..I think."

"Yeah, until she asked me to divorce before you left with some other man and my money, of course I didn't pay much though to her crazy rants but she showed me pictures, and then the money got taken out of my account." He said still not gathering up enough courage to look at me.

"Look at me," I said as he slowly looked up, "You could've came to me, and asked me, we could've been fine, with Lily and Olly-"

"I know, I should've just listened and talked to you." He said as he tearing up. The only time Damian cried was when he saw me walking down the aisle, and his father's death.

I remember that day like it was yesterday.

Flashback

"Dam, you have to get up." I said at the door frame looking at my husband who was in bed, since Saturday I must add, crying. I've never seen him like this. he won't talk to me, he just lays there, speechless, kind of ignoring me. he won't eat, sleep or even use the bathroom.

He is broken. My husband is broken. Ever since his father died on Thursday, he's been down.

"Babe please." I said walking up to him and getting on my knees to be at his level, he looks at me and sniffles and tears kept coming, and his crying got worse.

"Your scaring me Dam, please talk to me," I started to cry, "You just left me alone in this big house by myself."

He covered his head with a blanket as I got up wiping my tears away and slowly walking to the door, but before I could make it I heard the bed move. When I turned around he was getting up and walking towards me. As i just let the tears flow, he hugged me. He held me tightly as my arms were around his neck and he cried in the crook of my neck.

"It will get better, I promise." I said as we stand there helping each other.

Flash back over

As he cried in his hands, I remembered a little line i could use. "You left me alone in this big house by myself." I smiled as he looks at me.

I get up and walk to him getting on my knees, "I'm willing to try if you're really serious this time Dam," He was about to say something but  I cut him off, "And we have children, so you can't just kick me out like last time if we break up ok." I smiled.

"I will never kick you out ever ok." He held my face smiling and I stood up with my arms out, as he got up quickly holding me tightly and spinning.

Hopefully this works.

****************

Like! Comment! Follow!!!