1. The break up

Currently rewriting this story, so bare with me. There's going to be a lot of changes, and I know there will be a few things that don't make sense. I'm aware, and I'm going to fix it....so, it's not that cringe haha! :) And it will look like there's no comments, but since it's a new document, they all went to the bottom. 

Riley
Greene

"Riley? You in there?"

I stopped packing to open the door for my boyfriend, Kevin. Since our college graduation yesterday, we had been so busy trying to vacate the dorm rooms in time. I didn't realize I had so much stored in this little room until it was time to say goodbye. University was a challenge, but it was an experience that taught me so much. I met amazing friends, lost some, met my boyfriend, and made memories I would cherish for a lifetime.

I greeted Kevin with a quick hug and ignored the fact that he barely played into it. It was one of those friendly hugs from someone that you didn't want to touch. I could be over-analyzing it.

"Perfect timing. I need your opinion on what to pack for Hawaii before my mom picks up my suitcases. So, make yourself comfortable," I gushed, beaming with excitement. Kevin won two tickets to Hawaii five months ago and promised to take me for our first anniversary. We needed that time together because it wasn't easy trying to balance a relationship and ace my studies. I got my degree in early childhood education, hoping to become a teacher because I loved kids.

I held up a colorful floral bikini and posed. "I can't believe this day is finally here. I need a vacation so badly," I said, with a smile, looking into Kevin's espresso-colored eyes. We had been dating for a little over a year, and I couldn't wait to start a life with him outside of campus. We met at a party but spent the entire night talking until the following day. He was so interesting compared to my boring life, and I couldn't help but fall for him. People warned me about him, but they judged him and didn't take the time to get to know him. We all did it. Kevin was the guy that never missed a party or social event. Before I knew him, I saw the hot girls surrounding him like water on a hot day. However, I was with the most popular guy on campus. Me. Cliché, right?

But I wasn't shy or a cheerleader. I got along with almost everyone, except the jealous girls that wanted to get in my boyfriend's pants.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about," he said, sitting on my messy bed. He had on jeans paired with his varsity athlete jacket, and his hair buzzed low. He would usually let it grow out longer but wanted to look suitable for graduation. And he sure did.

I picked up a leopard bikini. "Can it wait a second? This?" I rotated the bathing suits. "Or this?"

Kevin didn't seem interested. What the hell did I have to do? Strip and try it on?

I patiently waited for an answer, checking the time, knowing my mom was on her way to Ohio State. It was only an hour's drive, but she could be fast or slow, depending on her mood. And I wanted to be done before she arrived. And I still had so much to do. There were clothes everywhere, boxes littering the floor, and so much trash. You couldn't even tell there was another bed in here.

Kevin sighed and cupped his freshly shaven jaw. "Riley, it can't wait. I need to do this now," he growled, changing his tone. I snapped out of my excitement and saw how disoriented he was acting. He couldn't even look me in the eye when I gave him my attention.

"You're scaring me right now. Is everything okay, Kev?" I asked, dropping my swimsuits on the bed and pacing in his direction. When I stood at his knees, I waited for him to explain what the hell had him looking at me like I killed his best friend. Maybe he was canceling our trip.