Chapter 79

Sidney

One week. One whole week of training for the boys and spending time with Mads and the pups for me. Their training had been increasingly difficult on them and it seemed to be paying off, they were now capable of holding their own against Denzel. When Fletcher the previously weakest of the fighters was able to last just over five minutes in the sandpit alone with him I knew they were as ready as they'd ever be, and we set a day to head back to our own territory. I hadn't really discussed anything more about the boys feelings for me since their little revealing, but knowing how they felt I was catching a lot more of the silent glimpses they sent my way.

 It was strange how much I was noticing now, it made me wonder how much I'd missed before, and that itself annoyed me for not being as alert to my surroundings when it came to these boys. I was helping Mads get dinner ready while the twins were doing their school work at the dinning table, the guys were all outside and Alvalrado had baby Stan with him. "Sid, are you really leaving tomorrow?" Lea's soft whisper drew my attention away from preparing the apples for desert, and I strolled over to pull her pouting and adorable sad face into a hug. "Yes, the boys are all ready to get back and I've got to go with them." I whispered gently back. "So you don't want to stay with us?" Lilly sniffled and I pulled her into the little group hug.

 "Of course I want to stay with you but this isn't my home like it is yours and the boys need me to help look out for them. I love all of you very much but I know you like Bowen and the others too, so if you want to see them again I've got to go and make sure nothing happens to them, right?" I asked them both as I pulled back to gently wipe away their tears. "Yeah I guess so." Lea sniffed still pouting but seeming to calm down a bit. "But if you say goodbye you won't come back, goodbyes are forever!" Lilly stomped her little foot in protest, I could feel my heart softening to her whimpering.

 "Little one not all goodbyes are forever and besides this is not going to be a goodbye. Think of it more as an 'until I see you again' because nothing in the entire universe is going to stop me from coming back to visit you all as long as I'm breathing." I murmured lowly and it was the truth, nothing other than death would keep me from coming back to check on all of these new friends of mine. "You promise?" Lilly pouted firmly and I chuckled softly, they had quickly come to learn that I kept my promises to them. "I promise." I smiled back to their sad sighs of defeat and acceptance. 

"Alright girls that's enough, go on upstairs and take a break, I'll call you when dinners ready." Mads instructed and they both hurried off, eager to be free of their school books, I turned to their mother in question as I stood from my crouch. "They're really going to miss you, we all are, it's not often we meet others that accept our ways and our respectful like you and your boys." Madison hummed and I frowned at the implication in her tone. "Mads I've already told you that it's not like that, not for me anyway, they are just friends, very good friends." I huffed back at her in annoyance. 

"You might say that now but those boys live you and I'd venture to say you feel the same way about them to a degree, even if you won't admit it to yourself, yet. You have to remember I was the same way when I first met my guys, I rejected everything that they represented, home, family, happiness simply because I knew it could never last, but eventually they convinced me otherwise. Why are you rejecting everything good that can come from their offer of loving you?" She pressed and I paused, part of me wanted to ignore her question, but I knew for everyone's sake I needed to answer her.