Chapter 9: Uchiha

Itachi felt the chakra signatures get closer to him and Izumi, and with an unconscious and vulnerable Naruto, they were at a disadvantage. 

He steeled his nerves as he looked over at Izumi, who had a bead of sweat going down her cheek. Yes, she was nervous as well, the short sword in her hand was shaking slightly. 

This could be bad. 

Maybe if they ran as fast as they could they could get away, or maybe hide and try to hide their presence and-

They were here. 

"Well well well," A voice boomed, the trees covering their physical presence. "If it ain't the three little Genin from that trashy village!" 

"Show yourself you coward!" Izumi shouted, her voice slightly shaky. 

"Heh heh heh," A female voice laughed from behind Izumi. "The little girl thinks were scared of her!" 

"Perhaps you aren't scared of her," Itachi began as his Sharingan began twisting. "But you should definitely be scared of me!" He was thankful that Naruto wasn't awake.

He would do what was necessary, unlike his friend. 

"Because I already know where you are!" Itachi shouted as he vanished from sight, the grass under his feet shaking from the way he took off, the wind traveling through the trees as Itachi appeared on the trunk of one at the top, stabbing what seemed to be the air, but the point of his sword was dripping blood as the air suddenly materialized, revealing a Genin from Mist who had a shocked look on his face before dropping to the ground, dead. 

"KORO!" A panicked voice shouted as a teenager on another tree revealed himself, jumping to his dead comrade. "You bastard!" He reeled as he had tears coming out of his eyes. "You heartless bastard!"

"This is what it means to be a shinobi," Itachi said simply. "You either kill or be killed, I choose the first." 

Izumi noticed the wet spot on the dirt behind her just a few feet, her Sharingan unwilling to let her miss it. She gripped her sword tightly in her hand before whirling around, thrusting her sword forward as she felt it pierce flesh. 

A teenager girl revealed herself, Izumi's sword in her chest as she coughed a little, a thin line of blood going down her chin before she fell on her back, choking to death on her own blood, her body writhing as she was unable to force herself to move any other way. 

"Kuru!" The boy screamed in despair as he saw his second teammate fall, dead. "I'll kill you both! I'll kill you both!" 

"You will kill no one," Itachi said as he jumped off the tree, landing gracefully on the ground. "You are alone while we are two. Just leave, I don't wish to kill you." 

"You think that I will just leave because I'm alone!? I'll avenge my teammates! I am Kozu of Mist, and I will kill you all!" He screamed passionately as he charged Itachi, a kunai in hand. Itachi's Sharingan flashed brighter before Kozu suddenly found himself laying on the ground, a thin line on his throat as blood seeped from it like a waterfall. 

"I doubt that," Itachi said simply as he sheathed his sword. "For you are dead and I am left standing." He turned around and picked Naruto back up, putting the blonde on his back and turning to Izumi. "Come on, we don't have much time to actually get to a safe place so Naruto can rest." 

"Y-Yeah." Izumi stammered as she walked with Itachi, glancing at the body that was on the ground, a grimace creeping on her face. 

It wasn't her first kill, but it was the first person who was just competing for the same goal as her. Izumi was also only a few years younger too, making it even worse on her conscience.