Chapter 34

Ten minutes later Taehyung was still engulfed in Jungkook's arms. The elder had finally calmed down but none of them had made a move to let go of the other. Taehyung felt safe in Jungkook's arms. The younger made Taehyung feel protected and cared for, a feeling he hadn't felt in a long time, a feeling that had been taken from him to moment he got arrested by the police for murdering his own brother. Jungkook made Taehyung feel like the elder was worth something, that there was someone out there who still cares about him, someone who wouldn't leave him behind like everyone else had done in the last few months.

On the contrary it also made Taehyung feel scared. There was still a chance that Jungkook would grow tired of Taehyung and abandon him like everybody else had done. If Jungkook ever decided that that was the case Taehyung had nowhere to go. He was a criminal on the loose, nobody was going to help him and he would probably end up in prison again.

At this point Jungkook literally was Taehyung's whole life. Just the thought that one person could control where your life was going scared Taehyung. Jungkook had so much power over Taehyung's life right now and that feeling alone made Taehyung also scared about the younger. Jungkook meant the world to Taehyung, but he never knew if Taehyung also meant the world to Jungkook. He never knew when Jungkook was gonna grow tired of his former cellmate. Taehyung didn't know what the future held and he could only hope that Jungkook would still be in it.

Both boys looked up from a soft knock at the door, neither of them letting go of the other. While the door slowly opened Taehyung wiped the last tears from his face, feeling one of Jungkook's hands softly creep under Taehyung's shirt to rub the elder's lower back in a soothing way.

Yoongi's face slowly appeared from behind the door, a soft smile on his face. "Are Rapunzel and the prince ready for some fun after all this drama?"

Jungkook slowly lifted one his eyebrows in a questioning way. "By fun you mean......drinks?"

Yoongi opened the door a little further, walking over to the two boys who were seated on the floor. "Yes that's exactly what I mean. Lets see how much Rapunzel can have before he passes out." Yoongi reached his hand out towards Jungkook, hoisting the younger up easily before he did the exact same to Taehyung.

Without giving any of them time to protest Yoongi grabbed a wrist from both of them, dragging them out of the cellar and into the long hallways. Taehyung gave Jungkook a questioning look, still getting dragged by Yoongi to who knows where, earning him a soft smile from the younger. Yoongi turned a few corners before they ended up before the door that Taehyung now knew as Jimin and Yoongi's apartment. Yoongi let go of Jungkook's arm, opening the door and dragging Taehyung inside behind him.

"FOUND THEM, CHIM POUR SOME DRINKS!" Yoongi yelled while he walked further inside the living room, Taehyung still getting dragged behind him. Before Taehyung could fully register what was happening Yoongi had pushed him in a chair in the middle of the room, a glass filled with liquid in Yoongi's other hand and a devilish smirk on his face. Taehyung didn't know where Yoongi got the drink from within those ten seconds, but the smirk on Yoongi's face somewhat scared him. Taehyung's eyes darted over the room, seeing that everybody he got to know in the last few weeks was there. Jimin stood behind Yoongi, a small smile on his face. Namjoon and Jin were seated on the couch before Taehyung, curious looks on both of their faces. Hoseok stood a little to the side, drink in his hand while he watched the whole scene before him.

"Take it easy Yoongs, don't harm him." Jungkook's voice sounded from somewhere behind Taehyung.

Yoongi's smirk grew a little larger at the comment and before Taehyung knew what was happening Yoongi had shoved a glass in Taehyung's hand while everybody, except from Jungkook, cheered Taehyung on to chug it all in one go. Well Taehyung had always been one who couldn't handle group pressure. He got easily swayed and this time was no exception. Before Taehyung knew it he had chugged the whole drink in one go, the liquid leaving a bitter taste in his mouth and a burning feeling in his throat. Yoongi's smile grew only wider at the action and within a second Taehyung's empty glass had been switched to a full one. "Bet you could take another one without any problem, right Rapunzel?"

Taehyung's eyes met Yoongi's, a slight shimmer of mischieve in the elder's eyes. Taehyung took the second drink without any hesitation, a small smile forming on his own face. He didn't know why he took the second one with so much ease but something about the shimmer in Yoongi's eyes made him feel safe. It didn't feel like Yoongi was about the use him or harm him in any way, it felt like Yoongi knew Taehyung felt terrible and he wanted him to forget his problems for a while. There wasn't any pressure behind the drinks and Taehyung was pretty sure that if he had sad no Yoongi wouldn't have forced him. The elder's eyes held something soft behind the mischief and cold exterior, something Taehyung trusted without any hesitation.

Yoongi switched the glasses again, holding his hand on top of the full one Taehyung just got from him. The elder slowly reached over, placing his mouth right next to Taehyung's ear. "Take this one easy, three should be enough." Yoongi moved his head away from Taehyung, giving him a soft smile before he slowly walked away to place himself next to Namjoon on the couch, grabbing a glass filled with red wine with him on his way there.

Before Taehyung could fully register it Jimin had dragged him out of the chair and started to dance with him, hearing the volume on the radio turn up at the same time. The alcohol slowly started to cloud Taehyung's mind and it wouldn't be much later that he had no idea anymore what was going on around him, besides the fact that he felt alright for now and didn't worry about anything. Jimin stayed with Taehyung that whole night, the two of them getting crazy on the dancefloor while laughing the whole time. The both of them having found a friend in the other without even looking for it. Taehyung's eyes did cross with Jungkook's multiple times that night, everytime forming smile smiles on both of their faces whenever they would notice each other and giving Taehyung a funny feeling in his stomach.

Taehyung couldn't remember where it had gone wrong exactly but at some point he had found himself on the floor with Jimin laying beside him. Taehyung looked over at Jimin, both of them starting to laugh like crazy before he felt himself being lifted up by someone. Taehyung's eyes were still focussed on his newfound friend, who also was being lifted up by none other than Yoongi before Taehyung felt himself being carried away from Jimin. "Noooo, don't leave me ChimChimmy!!"

Jimin looked back over at Taehyung, soft giggles coming from his mouth. "I can't help it, he's kidnapping me." Taehyung reached his hand out for Jimin, seeing his friend getting carried around the corner away from his sight.

A soft chuckle above Taehyung grabbed the blonde's attention a second after that and he slowly turned his head to the sound above him. Two beautiful brown eyes were staring back at Taehyung, two eyes who held the whole galaxy if you asked Taehyung about them in that moment. Taehyung's eyes darted over the face above him, seeing nothing that complete and utter beauty.

A small drunken smile formed on the blonde's face and he slowly closed his eyes. "Whyyyy did heaven let you go? You're soooo beautifulllll." Taehyung softly sang, earning him a chuckle from the person above him.

Taehyung opened his eyes again, locking them with the person above him. "What's your name angel?"

Another chuckle left the person's mouth before he opened his mouth to answer Taehyung. "It's Jungkook, or as you prefer Kookie."

Taehyung's eyes widened while he slowly reached his hand up, placing it on Jungkook's cheek. "I know you? Damnnnnn I'm lucky."

Taehyung softly wiped his thumb across Jungkook's cheek, a soft smile falling on the younger's face. "I don't know if you're the lucky one Tae, I'm pretty lucky too."

A huge smile fell on Taehyung's face, slinging both of his arms around Jungkook's neck and hoisting himself up in the younger's arms. "You're realllllyyyy beautiful Kookie and I am the lucky one, you can't winnnn everrr." Without giving it a second thought Taehyung kissed Jungkook's cheek before he let himself drop down in Jungkook's arms while closing his eyes. "You're the prettiest boy I've ever met Kookie, you're myyyy angel." Taehyung softly mumbled before he fell asleep completely in the younger's arms.

"I'm nothing compared to you Tae, believe me if one of us is an angel it's definitely you." Jungkook mumbled softly, carrying the sleeping Taehyung back to their apartment.

Soft smiles on both their faces, smiles filled with joy and happiness.