4.3 - Everywhere - Outside

Lucy's POV

We spent an incredible night-in last night. Binge-watching Christmas movies with dim lights, candles, fireplace on. We even wore our matching jumpers. Everything was just perfect. I really needed that after the week I had. But today is a different story. Because we've been walking around the town and it's fucking freezing.

'Where to next?' I sigh.

He laughs and hugs me while we continue walking. 'Relax, next we're going to get some lunch!'

'Finally!!'

So Niall woke me at 9 am with both pancakes and waffles, and hot cocoa. Granted he's adorable and romantic and a surprisingly good chef, but 9 am? Come on! Let me sleep!

After breakfast, we got dressed and went out. We spent a lot of time in the local park. Honestly, I just love it. There's something about parks, even in winter when all the trees have lost there leaves and everything is grim and brown instead of green and happy.  It's still a very magical place that gives me some kind of feeling of serenity. Kinda ironic that something that looks so depressing like dead nature gives me peace. Maybe it's the thought that when spring comes everything will come back to life? Maybe that gives me hope that my spring will come and bring me back to life.

'What are you thinking about?' Niall asks me pulling me to the right.

We enter a small pub that's open. We settle in a booth in the back of the place and Niall doesn't bother to let me read the menu, he orders a roast among other things. I usually would be against letting a guy order for me but Niall really nailed it.

'So?' He asks again.

'Right. I was just thinking about that park.'

'It's really beautiful isn't it?'

'Yeahh! I've been to my fair share of parks. But today it left me thinking about nature and that whole process. I mean everything just dies in winter, and then when spring comes there's all those flowers and colours and fruits and even animals come out from hibernation or I don't know, hiding from the cold. It's all so complicated but it looks so simple!'

'Yeah...'

'I don't know, it kinda gave me hope. Maybe I'm not a lost cause. Maybe there's still a chance that I'll find a way to not be depressed anymore.'

He doesn't say anything he just smiles.

'What?' I chuckle nervously looking away from his piercing blue eyes.

'I'm just glad that... I don't know... I know I shouldn't be speaking too soon, and I don't want to jinx it. But I'm glad you feel that way.'

'Yeah me too! Thank you for bringing me here.'

'You haven't seen anything yet!!' He says with a smirk.

After we're well-rested and well-fed, we got back on the road. As usual, he doesn't tell me where we're going. But when I get there and I see what he got in store for us, I freeze. And no it's not because it's cold. I feel the stress and panic rising. And if I was in a different state of mind, one less relaxed, I probably would've had a panic attack.