Epilogue

I could hear the cries from the other room. An instinct inside of me had gone off. This was something I was not yet used to but, at the same time, I don't remember living without it. I opened the door slowly, trying to soften the creaking, and revealed my favorite sight. Her blonde hair like peach-fuzz and bright blue eyes were just everything. When I see her, I just think of how happy she makes me. No one in the whole world has ever made me this joyous.

When I step to hover over her, she immediately stops crying. A smile quickly morphs on her face and I grin with her.

"Good morning, baby." I whisper as I go to pick her up.

Her body is petite and light, almost as if it were a feather. She is soft and calm. I pick her up and place her head on my shoulder, feeling her breathe. The sweet, small breaths of oxygen flow through her little lungs.

She is so beautiful, soft and exquisite. The most amazing thing in my life. She has changed my life is so many ways and I am so grateful. My life before her was awful. My parents didn't -and still don't- care about me. The day she was born, they didn't even show up and, if I'm being quite frank, I don't think they even knew I was pregnant. I haven't talked to them since my senior year in high school, isn't that horrible?

On the other hand, my boyfriend at the time and also the father of my baby, had ended up leaving me during my pregnancy unexpectedly. I was absolutely devastated. How could so many people just up and walk out of my life. First my parents and brother and then who I thought was the love of my life. I thought we were meant for each other. He was tall and had blue eyes that sparkled in the sun. He was smart and the kindest person I'd ever met... or so I thought. But the night I told him that I was pregnant, my boyfriend had packed all of his things and left in the middle of the night. I guess he didn't love me like I loved him.

After all, we were only 20 and not ready for a baby, but I was willing to take on the challenge. I guess he wasn't ready nor mature enough to handle the situation like a man. Instead he ran off as a scared kitten would when being chased. I don't think having a baby was his ultimate fear, though. I think having a child with me was. Not to sound too negative but I seemed to be the big factor in everyone who has left my life. This situation was a bit different than my parents leaving me or my brother only coming back when he needed something from me. It was much different than my best friend leaving me lonely for who knows what petty, high school drama because, not only have you left me alone at 20 years old to care for a child with no money, but you have also left my beautiful child.

She didn't deserve this life. So, I've decided to do most everything I can for her. I work two jobs to be able to pay for our well-enough apartment, to keep food on the table and I have set up a pre-paid college account so that she will be able to fulfill everything I was not able to. I will not leave her side, ever. No matter how hard life gets, she needs me like I needed just about anyone in my times of pain and suffering. But no one ever came. Do you know how lonely it was being in labor with no one at the hospital to help me but nurses and doctors? No family members, no friends, no spouse. It was the definition of pain.

But, today, I am able to wake up every morning to a beautiful baby girl who I am absolutely in love with. The way her eyes sparkle at everything she sees or touches just lets me know how passionate she is about the simplicity of life. She is just an amazing little girl and, at such a young age, I can't believe how amazingly mature and smart she is.

"How does going to the cafe sound so that mommy can pick up some coffee?" I rhetorically ask her as I grab the diaper bag and head to the parking lot of my apartment complex.

She giggles and grasps onto my finger as we walk to the car. She was always such an easy baby. We could go anywhere at any time of the day and she was well behaved and didn't cry too much.

When we arrive at the cafe, I order my usual coffee and fetch a high chair, bringing it over to our table we sit at most every time. We had a coffee date almost every weekend I didn't work and she'd drink apple juice from her sippy cup. We enjoyed the same routine everyday, every week, all of the time. As long as we were with each other, I don't think it really mattered what we did.

My little baby and I sat there together for a short bit before a man decided to sit down in the empty chair across of me. I didn't get a feeling of danger from him, there was just confusion. My baby lowered her eyebrows in question.

He dresses in all black with a leather jacket to complete his mysterious look and blue eyes like the ocean. He's tan and very tall, even his posture was nice when he was sitting. A small smile sits on his face but his stare does not fail to lower from my face.

"Can I help you?" I chirp.

He doesn't say anything for a while, he just stares. At me.

"No-no, I just love babies. I saw yours and thought she was adorable. That's all."

" Aww, thank you." I look at my little girl and straighten out the little fuzz at the top of her head. I pat it down and slick it back softly with a smile. "She is pretty perfect."

"Do you mind if I ask what her name is?" He looks at her and I watch as his grin grows just a smidge.

"Well, I was wondering the same about you."

"Oh, sorry. My-my name is-" he pauses. "My name is Ryland."

Something electric went through my veins and I was in complete shock. I could not believe my ears nor could I believe my vision. There is no possible way that could be him.

"Ryland? My name is Everly, nice to meet you," I play it cool.

"I kno- I mean, that is a very pretty name. I used to know a girl with that name. I knew her very well, actually. I don't think she would remember me now, though." His eyes finally leave my face and sink down to his lap.

"That is very funny. I used to know someone named Ryland, too."

"Oh, really?" His eyes glow up and he looks almost excited, now.

"Yes. My baby's name is Rylie and I actually decided to name her after this certain boy. I named her after the only person I've ever met that didn't leave me but, instead, stuck by my side the entire time."
________________________________

okay... don't come for me

I know this took literally forever and it's not what you guys wanted but i can explain.

When I finished The Tutor I said that I would release a sequel. I began writing that book but started to get so many blooming ideas for other potential books and things that I wouldn't be able to carry out with if I wrote a sequel to this book.

So i sat and thought for a very... very... VERY long time just contemplating on if I should write a whole new book relating to this one or something new and interesting i've never written before.

I decided to just come out with an epilogue that I thought was short and this was actually sort of how I was writing the book version of this. basically just the shorter version of the book.

But I hope you all enjoyed this book and hope that you guys enjoy my future works as I assure there will be more.

Thank you for coming along with me on this journey! i love you all!

Buh-byeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights